Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Hdmi no audio problem.

fhama
Beginner

i have asus k542uf, i have installed all my drivers from the asus website.

i will attach below the dxdiag and the SSU files.

When i connect my laptop to a tv through hdmi, the audio doesn't work and the audio keeps coming from the laptop speakers. I checked with multiple hdmi cables the problem persists. I checked playback devices, only see the laptop speakers (i checked show hidden and disabled devices). I uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers, updated them when nothing changed i installed the asustek drivers for my laptop. I noticed that i dont see the intel display audio anywhere even when i show hidden devices.​

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fhama, 

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information.

1. Has this configuration worked before with other devices (e.g. another TV or computer)?
  2. When did the issue start happening? (Windows* update, driver update, etc.)
  3. How many HDMI* ports does the TV have? What is the model number of the TV?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
fhama
Beginner

hello wanner,

thank you for you response;

1. the tv and hdmi cables work with other laptops that i tried.
  2. i dont recall when this started, but i remember last winter using hdmi to tv with no problems.
  3. tv has 4 hdmi ports i tried all of them, the tv is toshiba tv 65u5850ee.

let me know if you require further information, and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fhama,

Thank you for your response. 

It seems that you have reinstalled the drivers before, but we would like you to perform a clean installation of the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers following these steps:

1.Disconnect your unit from the Internet.

2.Uninstall both the Intel® Graphics driver and the Intel® Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections: 

Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method
  • Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

3.Restart your computer. Go to Windows* Device Manager and check if Windows* installed another version of the graphics driver. If it did, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version 24.20.100.6286.01

Note: Links to third party sites and references to third party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

• If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the computer to another TV/monitor for testing purposes.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
fhama
Beginner

So im trying to do what you asked specifically, i wanted to start by uninstalling the intel audio and display audio drivers in device manager, i noticed that there is no trace of any intel audio drivers, even when i showed hidden devices there is no trace of any intel audio drivers. Could that be the problem? (Intel uhd 620 is there in display adapters)

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fhama,

Thank you for the update.

If the Intel® Display Audio is missing, then try reinstalling the Intel® Graphics driver recommended.

Since the Intel® Display Audio is missing, make sure you continue with the clean install by removing the Intel® Graphics driver completely. In this scenario, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, please repeat the steps 2 and 3.

After the installation is finished, go to Device Manager and check if the Intel® Graphics driver and Intel® Audio Driver were installed correctly. Also, verify that HDMI audio is selected as your default playback device.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
fhama
Beginner

Good afternoon wanner;

I did all the steps above, and got microsoft basic display adapter, then updated to intel uhd 620, sadly the problem persists. Also i cant find intel audio in sound video and games controller, all i have is realtek high def audio and nvidia virtual audio device. I cant find any trace of intel audio.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Have you selected the output device?

Doc

0 Kudos
fhama
Beginner

Hello sir; i only have realtek speakers, even with show hidden and disabled devices checked.​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

OK, just a thought...

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fhama,

Have you tried connecting the computer to another TV for testing purposes?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
CSeve4
Beginner

In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. ... Then the HDMI sound output will be set as default. If you do now not see the Digital Output Device or HDMI option in the Playback tab, right click on the clean place, then click Show disconnected gadgets and Show disabled units on the context menu.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fhama,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fhama,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry.

If you tried connecting the computer to another TV/monitor and it worked as expected, then there could be a problem with the TV you are currently having issues with. In this scenario, we would suggest that you try looking for a firmware update for the TV.

If the computer works while connected to another TV/monitor, this could also be a compatibility issue. We would recommend that you contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to check if they have a list of compatible devices for your computer.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos