Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Hello, I have a Problem with the Intel HD-Graphics driver and would like to know how to factory reset the Intel HD-Graphics driver.

JOtte1
Beginner

I pressed a button i don't remember anymore and suddenly my 2nd Monitor which's highest resolution usually 1440x900 is, scales to 1920x1080 and it looks terrible but I can't seem to fix it. I would like to know how to factory reset this driver, I have already tried to reset the 3D Settings but it is something in the Display Settings I guess.

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Right-click on an unused portion of your desktop and select the entry in the context menu that appears that is for the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (It might simply say "Graphics Properties..."). In the Display category, within the General Settings, you should be able to select this second monitor and then set the resolution back to the native resolution for the monitor.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JOtte1
Beginner

I've of course already tried that, but my problem is the highest possible resolution for my monitor was 1440x900 and it looks even terrible on that now, the only thing i can do is to change the displayscale and so on, but everything even then doesn't look like it used to be.. I don't know why it happened or how to fix it

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go into the Windows Settings app and click on System and then Display. Click on the numbered box in the picture that represents this monitor. Then, scroll down to the Scale and Layout parameters. Ensure that,

1. Resolution is set to 1440x900.
  2. Orientation is set to Landscape.
  3. Change the size of text, apps and other items is set to 100%.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos