Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Hello i need someone help i just installed window 8.1 on my pc the spec is i7 8550u mx150 but when i check the display adapater i has microsoft basic.

godun
Beginner

Hello i need someone help i just installed window 8.1 on my pc the spec is i7 8550u mx150 but when i check the display adapater i has microsoft basic on it also i need to update the drive when i click on search for update it say '' the beset driver installed on your pc can someone give me the link to update my driver also when i was window 10 when i check the driver it say something like 620hd ''

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later Core processors. There simply are no drivers for Windows 8.1. If you insist on using Windows 8.1, you are stuck with the Microsoft compatibility driver.

S​orry, reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
godun
Beginner

Hello window 10 stuck that why because when am on windows 10 let say i leave and the pc goes to sleep i cant get the screen to turn back on all i get is a black screen, although the keyboard lites up, and the only way for me to resume screen display is to hard restart the pc do you know what might be the issue please am it driving me nut i just want to get a pc so i can sell the pc and wash my hands of window and Microsoft.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's a driver bug. Have you tried installing a newer version of the Intel HD Graphics driver package? The latest (26.20.100.7584) is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29274/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=122589.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
godun
Beginner

Hello i did go on the link that you sent me however when i downloaded the driver that the link direct me to and try install i get the message " The driver being installed is not validated for this computer pplease obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer" could you help me out my pc spec is i8 8th generation 8550u Intel mx150 1.80ghz.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This can occur for two reasons. First, this could occur because the drivers have been customized by the manufacturer. In this case, you need to stick with only the drivers on the manufacturer's web site. You could ask them to modify and validate a newer build with the fixes for this issue. Second, this could occur because this is a DCH driver and the installed driver was non-DCH. In this case, you need to uninstall the existing non-DCH driver and then install the latest DCH driver.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos