Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20909 Discussions

Help available for resolution scaling with Intel GMA 3650 with PowerVR SGX5 and 9.14.3.1082 ?

WHoff
Beginner

We are deploying one of our products on Dell Latitude 10 units which use the subject chipset. The drivers we are using is 9.14.3.1082. Inconsistent with Intel documentation on resolution scaling for units in the chipset family, this driver does not present a resolution scaling option. Since we run multiple legacy apps on the Windows 8 pro environment that predate the current 1366x768 resolution, the apps show up small with black bars to the side and/or top and the touch targets are more tiny that would be on almost any other INTEL hardware with almost any other graphics driver. We have over 60 childrens applications on our products and roughly 40% are adversely affected by this. We could use a commitment that this will be fixed and assurance that it will not be the case for future introductions which will be supporting 1080p and further exacerbate the problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WHoff
Beginner

Kevin,

I appreciate the reasonably quick response. Unfortunately, you should know by Intel's own nomenclature that we are needing a resolution scaling Windows 8 driver and not Windows 7 as is included in your response. We had even tried to load the Windows 7 driver on the Win 8 unit, anyway, but Windows 8 did not allow that. We do need a Windows 8 driver that supports resolution scaling.

0 Kudos
WHoff
Beginner

Kevin,

I should have been more concise in my response. Intel driver nomenclature says that the 9 in 9.14.3.1082 signifies it is a Windows 8 driver. The driver you referenced began with an 8 - signifying Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello billhoff,

That is correct.

At this point the latest driver we have for the GMA 3650 controller is for win 7 32 bit only.

0 Kudos
LC5
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Is there any plans to release a Windows 8 driver for the GMA 3650 graphics chipset found in 100% of Windows 8 Atom based tablets currently on sale.

Luke

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello lukejr,

No, at this point it seems there are no plans to release win 8 drivers for the GMA 3600 series.

0 Kudos