Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Help with graphics card

Cbilb
Beginner

A game I have needs a graphics card of Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTs my card is intel (R) HD graphics the game doesn't support it what do I do

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to get an nvidia card. Also, the 8600 GT is quite old.

If you have a laptop, there is nothing you can do.

if you have a desktop, with the appropriate PCIe x16 slot, you can get an amd or nvidia card, as long as it is compatible.

Now, all of what you are describing is unusual.

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip) the results of this utility.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, we will know what you have.

Doc

0 Kudos
Cbilb
Beginner
I did the download but when I send it off site not available is the message Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You cannot do this via your email program; you need to log into the Intel site and post your reply there. Remember to use the paperclip icon below the text entry box to upload and then attach your SSU log file.

...S

0 Kudos
Cbilb
Beginner

the game i'm trying to play is sherlock holmes crimes and punishments from steam when i open the game i get error message graphics card which is installed on this machine is not supported it calls for AMD RADEON HD 3850/ NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GTS or better i don't know what to do

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is nothing that can be done for you here.

Your device is old enough that you are using the Microsoft generic graphics driver, which is limited in features and performance. There is no driver update that will help you.

If you have a laptop, there is nothing you can do.

if you have a desktop, with the appropriate PCIe x16 slot, you can get an amd or nvidia card, as long as it is compatible. The problem is compatibility. Not all add-on cards are backward compatible.

Or, purchase a new laptop or desktop.

Doc

0 Kudos
ChaiChango
Beginner

i have the same problem.

nvidia gforce gtx 1050 ti

0 Kudos