Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Hi, I have a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF PC and I'm trying to use the displayport to connect to my TV. I'm using a displayport to hdmi cable but my TV says No Signal and I cannot seem to figure out how to get it to work. My TV is a Samsung un32eh4003fxza

DAmme
Beginner

specs.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DAmme
Beginner

Also, my graphics card is an intel(r) q45/q43 express chipset (microsoft corporation - WDDM 1.1)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but the q45/q43 is not supported on windows 10. The driver you are using is the Microsoft generic driver. This is no support for this.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your processor does not provide graphics and is not supported on WIndows 10.

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
DAmme
Beginner

intel info.png

0 Kudos
DAmme
Beginner

Do I need to attach the detailed view?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, knowing the processor, graphics chipset, and OS is all that is needed.

There is simply no support for your hardware.

Doc

0 Kudos
DAmme
Beginner

So to get it to work I would need to do what exactly? By a new graphics card or what? New processor?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I would replace the whole rig. It is over 10 years old and simply not up to the task.

...S

0 Kudos
DAmme
Beginner

If I had the money to build my own pc I would. I have another tower but it has a virus and I'd have to wipe the whole thing and start it from scratch. One day, yes I'll get something better but for now this is what I've got. So can someone tell me what I would need to do to get my displayport to work. I'd just like to know how much it would cost me to do so... If I can buy something else for the same price then I'd do that but I'd just like to know what would need to be done to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
DAmme
Beginner

Or if there's a way I can swap out the displayport thing and put in a hdmi port. I just need to know my options.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, you could try a DP-to-HDMI dongle, but that may just have same issue as your cable.

Let's back up for a second. Does the back of your PC look exactly like this:

HPCE8000SFFRear.jpg

That is, there are no cards plugged into the (4) slots on the left? Hine: it there is a graphics card here, the DisplayPort connector will be disabled.

Have you looked into using the VGA port to connect to the TV? For example, you could use a device like this: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-AMALINK-Stereo-Channel-Converter/dp/B01JRXHWQA. It can even take in the speaker output (i.e. connect it to the green port on the back of this PC) and send this to the HDMI-based TV.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos