Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Hi, I wanted to install the Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver on my laptop (see details below), but every time I start the process I'm told that "The operating System is not supported". Does somebody have an idea? Thank you very much!

CGäck
Beginner

I have a Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 Laptop (Lenovo) with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (see the "Specs" PDF attached). Now the NVIDIA works fine apart from draining the battery relatively fast because it's running at all times. I wanted to install the Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver to use the hybrid mode of the BIOS and have more battery, but as said above my system is apparently not supported. The Lenovo Support Website provides an Intel VGA driver which tells me that the newest version is already installed, but I must be doing something wrong by that because as you can see in my screenshot the only GPU is still the NVIDIA 😕

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Use the version provided by your laptop manufacturer, not that found on the Intel site​.

...S

0 Kudos