Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Hi all, I updated my ASUS Z-170 P with the INTEL 530 graphics card and now I can't find the control center to setup my dual monitors. It used to be a right click away. Can anyone help me find this? Thanks Paul

pdavi20
Beginner

0 Kudos
10 Replies
pdavi20
Beginner

Win 10

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

Right-click any empty area of your desktop, and then click Screen resolution. (The screen shot for this step is listed below.) 2. Click the Multiple displays drop-down list, and then select Extend these displays, or Duplicate these displays.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @pdavi20​ ,

1. You probably looking for Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP). In the latest Graphics Drivers, the IGCP was replaced by Intel Graphic Command Center (IGCC). You will not fing the IGCC on desktop menu. Rather look in Start Menu, under letter "I".
  2. However if you want to work again with IGCP, you may download it from Microsoft Store and also dispatch from Start Menu under letter "I".

Leon

0 Kudos
pdavi20
Beginner

So, I've been trying for 2 days to get the IGCC installed. First had problems with Microsoft Bing. Then found the downloads here,but it keeps telling me my operating system isn't supported? Win 10 all up to date. Tried running as administrator with no luck. Not sure what to try next if anyone has any ideas. Thanks Maxx but that option doesn't show up. Lwaksman, thanks for the reply.

paul

0 Kudos
pdavi20
Beginner

FYI, While searching the forum I found instructions on clean install, no luck.

paul

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello pdavi20

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thsread and we would like to know if you still need assistance. If you do, please provide the following information:

1- Details of the steps or link with the clean installation process you found and followed.

2- DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread. 

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello pdavi20

Thank you for your response.

I have checked the report and I noticed that there are being detected 2 displays and the video output detected is HDMI in both cases. Just to make sure, Are you using straight-through connections or any type of adapters? Please provide more details.

Also, I checked the link of the forum and I couldn't find a similar clean driver method as the one I am thinking of. Since the system is running one of the previous DCH drivers (25.20.100.6618), I would like to recommend the following steps below using the latest generic driver from Intel since I noticed there are no DCH drivers on Asus website* but only legacy drivers:

Before starting this process, make sure Windows is fully updated.

1-  Download the latest DCH Intel HD Graphics 530 driver version 26.20.100.7870 and save it on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3- Uninstall any graphics driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel and/or Intel Graphics Command Center (if they are present) from Windows® >> Apps & Features.

4-  Restart the computer.

5-  Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.

6- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar in Device Manager, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

6.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

6.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

6.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

6.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

7- Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1.

8- Restart the computer.

9- Reconnect to the Internet.

10- If needed, download the Intel® Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store.

Please let us know the outcome of the steps.

Regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello pdavi20

We would like to know if you were able to perform the steps recommended in our previous post. Please feel free to share the outcome of the steps and to let us know if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello pdavi20

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos