Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Higher refresh rate on Intel Graphics

NHowa2
Beginner

I have a BenQ Monitor that is capable of going up to 144hz@1080p, I also have a Surface laptop with an Intel HD 620 Graphics Chip that has a mini-dp output. I'm using a cable that converts this to a dual link DVI connection to connect to my monitor. In theory everything in this setup should allow me to go up to that refresh rate. However, when I try to set the custom resolution in the Intel Command Centre it says "Unable to add settings: Mode not supported.". Not sure why it is telling me this when I know that this chip is capable of outputting that refresh rate, I don't expect to be playing games at that fps. However, I prefer it because even on the desktop it is much smoother. For anyone asking, I have the latest drivers installed from this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=96551

If anyone knows how to get this working, please let me know. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Andronachi_Marian

Try: On Desktop -> Right Click -> Display Settings -> (Select the desktop that you want to change the refresh rate) -> Scroll Down to: Advanced Display Settings and click it -> Click: Display Adapter Properties For Display ....

Here you have 3 options to check if works:

1. On Monitor: Is the refresh rate here.
  2. On Intel HD Graphis Control Panel -> Refresh Rate.
  3. On Adapter tab -> List All Modes: Search if the 144hz is there.
0 Kudos
NHowa2
Beginner

Interesting, I normally use this monitor with my 970 and it works fine at 144hz. I dont know if maybe the cable i'm using isnt actually dual link or perhaps the intel Graphics doesn't support 1080p@144hz but it's modes listed only go up to 120hz at 1024x768.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
PFnove
Beginner

I am using an Intel Celeron J3355 or something and it outputs 1920x1080 at 60Hz, but when I use PCSXR (a PS1 Emulator) in fullscreen mode and select one of the 75Hz options it works (I have a 180Hz display).

I checked in the screen's options menu and it's actually receiving 1152x864 75Hz from the computer.

I'm wondering if there is any way to have a 75Hz output outside of the emulator (I'm willing to lower the resolution if it means higher refresh rate).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried changing the resolution of the monitor in Windows Setup?

0 Kudos