I have been running my computer with Intel Graphics 630 since I assembled it in January, 2019. In February I updated the driver to version 22.214.171.12477. I did not bother to do any more updates until 5 days ago, when Intel Update Advisor told me that there was an update for Intel Graphics 630: 126.96.36.19963. The driver failed to install and the next morning the computer failed to bot, giving the one long and three short beep. This apparently refers to the lack of a video device, so I removed a video card from an older computer and installed it. The computer then booted and installed drivers for the AMD 5450 card. However, Intel Graphics 630 no longer seems to exist on the computer. It is no longer in Device Manager and can't be found when trying to install a new device. Intel Update Advisor sees it but fails when trying to install any driver for it. The first error messages said that the computer didn't meet the minimum hardware requirements (ie no compatible device). The last error message said that there were no devices that matched the devices supported by the driver.
Does anyone have any idea as to how I can get Intel Graphics 630 back.
I can enable the integrated graphics in the BIOS but it reverts to "Auto" and uses the AMD graphics. The Graphics 630 was shown as a hidden device in Device Manager and the "Properties" showed the same message as I now get for the "Intel Graphics Control Panel" I tried to update the driver from Device Manager but it failed With error message 1. Now the Graphics 630 does not show as a Hidden Device in Device Manager and no longer shows up in Intel Update Advisor.
- Lets try the following:
- Remove the AMD Graphics card from your computer. This should make the Intel Integrated Graphics 630 available again.
- Download the latest Intel Graphics DCH driver Version: 188.8.131.5263 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
- Disconnect the internet.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Intel HD Graphics 630 driver. Check the Delete driver software from this device option. You should see now, the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver.
- Reboot your computer.
- Install the previously downloaded Intel Graphics DCH driver Version: 184.108.40.20663.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
I received a phones call from an Intel representative (in Costa Rica) and he took control of my computer and after an hour and a half he had the problem solved. I had to do clean re-install of Windows 10, but I had an Acronis True Image disc image which I had made about 3 days before the crash. I am now back to where I was before the driver installation trashed my computer. I have an older Graphics 630 driver, but it works. For now I will leave it alone.
Thank you very much LWAKSMAN for your efforts on my behalf. ...Garth