Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

How do I make a notification hidden

Gvand18
Beginner

Hello,

When I try to install 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Intel HD Graphics 630), I get the message: This operating system is not supported’’.

No problem, but how do I prevent the notification that’s coming up in the taskbar. That's confusing and annoying. Can I make that hidden or so somewhere?

I work with Windows 10 version 1909.

Excuse my bad English

I hope someone can help my…

Kind regards, George from Holland

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello George,

1. You have some mistake here: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is an NVIDIA Graphocs Adapter rather than Intel HD Graphics 630
  2. To better understand you configuration, please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU).
  3. Run the SSU scan and save the results. The txt file with the results, attach to your post (use the "paper clip").

Leon

0 Kudos
Gvand18
Beginner

Hello Leon,

Thank you for your quick response. I don’t understand what's wrong. I have not enough knowledge to understand this. I send you some printscreens for clarity and of course the SSU logfile. I hope it's now clearer for you.

Text in image: 'This operating system is not supported’

Intel-3.png

Intel-2.pngIntel-1.png

Kind regards,

George

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi George,

1. Your computer is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics adapter (in addition to the integrated ibn CPU Intel HD Graphics 630. The NVIDIA driver is updated. In order to update the Intel Driver to the latest version, please follow instructions:
  2. Download the latest Intel DCH Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7985 (download the igfx_win10_100.7985.exe file).
  3. Disconnect the internet.
  4. Open Apps and features and click Intel Graphics Driver. Next click on Uninstall.
  5. After finishing uninstalling driver, reboot your computer.
  6. Now, install the previously downloaded Intel Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7985 (dowble click on the.exe file).
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
  8. For your information, the Bios in your computer is outdated. You have currently installed version 0612, while the latest version is 1205
  9. You don't must to update Bios but if you want, use the Asus EZ Update utility and follow the Bios Update Manual. see also this video how to use EZ Update utility.

Leon

0 Kudos
Gvand18
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thank you very much for your response and extensive instruction.

But... I'm a simple user. Is there a possibility after I remove the ‘old’ driver, that my PC will no longer boot or other problems? In other words, Is it a problem if I don’t update?

And is this the right driver to remove? You write: "Intel Graphics Driver". Is that the same driver?

Intel-4.png

Kind regards, George

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Georg,

I assume that the Intel Processor Graphics is this driver that you should uninstall. Don't worry about uninstalling Intel Graphics Driver. Windows has its own Graphics Driver: Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver, which will replace the Intel Graphics Driver until you will install the latest version.

According to the SSU report, there is a old legacy version of Intel Graphics Driver installed in your laptop and in order to install, the latest DCH version on Graphics Driver, the old version should be uninstalled.

Leon

0 Kudos
Gvand18
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Ther is another problem! When I try to uninstall, I get the following notification: “Can't find the file enz….”. See image for the path.

Intel-5.png

Even with Revo uninstaller it is not possible. What to do? Should I just leave it that way or is there another 'simple' solution?

Regards, George

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. For some reason, the Intel Graphics installation is corrupted. Will give two other methods to uninstalling this driver. I hope that one of this method will give results, since without uninstalling this driver probably the installation of the new DCH driver will be not possible.
  2. Method 1 : Open Device Manager Display Adapter section. You should see there the NVIDIA Graphics Driver and the Intel Graphics Driver. Right clicl on the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall (check the "Delete..." option).
  3. Method 2 : Download the Intel Graphics Driver Version 23.20.16.4849 from Asus. Unzip this archive and double click on igxpin.exe. Follow the installation. This driver should install over the version you have already, since this is a legacy driver version. If the installation finishes, you will be able to uninstall this driver and install the new DCH driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
Gvand18
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Method 1: Can't work because the rule ‘Intel Graphics Driver’ not appaers.

Intel-6.png

Method 2: With this I get another error message:

It means: This PC does not meet the minimum requirement for the installation of the software

Intel-7.png

I think it's going to get a little scary for me. I think I give up. In the computer world is a saying: 'Never change a running system' and because I have no problem with my PC, I prefer to leave it that way.

I think I'll remove 'Driver & support assistant', then I'm ride of the annoying notification.

Intel-8.png

I want to thank you very much for all the effort you've put in these case, but unfortunately....

Excuse my pour English 🙁 That makes it al to difficult for me...

Kind regards en thanks again...

George

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Georg,

1. Your English is good enough and my isn't better. Any way, I understand you well.
  2. The reason that you can't see the Intel Driver in the Device Manager is probably because it is disabled in Bios. This usually happens when an additional Graphics Adapter is enabled. In your case this is NVIDIA card.
  3. Don't worry about uninstalling the Intel DSA. It is intended for Intel boards mainly.

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos
Gvand18
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thank you for your compliment and the additional information.

Kind regards, George

0 Kudos