Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

How do I reinstall my graphics drivers?

ADomi2
Beginner

How do I reinstall my graphics drivers? My laptop screen crashes a lot, which makes it go black randomly (but the laptop is still running) and desktop refreshes (I can see the task bar refreshing). And so, I decided I wanted to reinstall my graphics drivers. I downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility, and as a result, it says there are no new drivers to be updated and installed. So the problem seems to be that my driver is not old drivers that need to be updated. So, again, how do I go about reinstalling my drivers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Angelyn: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities.

The Intel® driver update utility, sometimes is not that accurate in finding and installing the drivers. To re-install the graphics drivers, we just need to visit the web site of the manufacturer of the laptop and we will find the drivers in there.

In order to look for the drivers:

What is the model of your laptop?

Which Windows version are you using?

Do you know the model of the processor?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
ADomi2
Beginner

Hi! Thanks for replying!

Model of laptop: Q301LA-BH15T02 (Vivobook)

Windows Version: Windows 10

Model of processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz

If I uninstall my drivers before I reinstall my drivers again damage my laptop?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Angelyn: You are welcome. Thank you very much for providing that information.

In regard to your inquiry, no, you will not damage the laptop if you un-installed the drivers.

Now, I looked for the drivers but the model you gave me is not showing, on the link below you will see the Vivobook series where you should be able to see your laptop:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/VivoBook-Series-Products/ https://www.asus.com/Laptops/VivoBook-Series-Products/

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos