Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

How to enable integrated GPU without connecting display

JimAtActiv
Beginner

Hello-

I have a PC configuration that has a NVidia graphics card on the PCIe with my system display connected to the NVidia GPU.  I enabled the Intel integrated GPU via BIOS settings.  Unfortunately, it seems that the Intel GPU is not active unless I have a display connected to the PC's HDMI port.  I would prefer not to have a display connected to the PC's display port if possible, and keep the Intel GPU active.  Is there any way to do this?

CPU: i7 2.6GHz

Thanks!

Jim

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Which i7?

What version of W10 LTSC?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
JimAtActiv
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response!

CPU: i7-8850H running @ 2.6GHz

Hope this helps.

Jim

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

LTSC 1809 was 4 years ago.

You can use a dummy like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C4TWZRM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

0 Kudos
JimAtActiv
Beginner

Two questions:

1. Do you know if a more recent version of windows can support the Intel integrated GPU without a display connected to it? 

2. Do you know of a way with LTSC 1809 for me to have a fixed (file based) EDID which could 'spoof' the OS to thinking there is an attached display?

Thanks again...

Jim

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, and no.  Besides, those are Microsoft questions.

Also, Intel only supports the current and three versions back of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
JimAtActiv
Beginner

Thanks for the help. 

Jim

0 Kudos