Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

How to force Windows CE to use the display connected to the HDMI, without testing the HDMI connection

MFalk1
Beginner

Hi everybody,

I got the account login information from my boss, so his name will appear not mine. I am new at this company. I also asked my question from Microsoft, and they suggested to turn to the Intel with my question.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/611a579b-ee2d-4dc9-9bb4-cacf7df7f1b4/how-to-force-windows-ce-to-use-the-display-connected-to-the-hdmi-without-testing-the-hdmi?forum=winembplatdev http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/611a579b-ee2d-4dc9-9bb4-cacf7df7f1b4/how-to-force-windows-ce-to-use-the-display-connected-to-the-hdmi-without-testing-the-hdmi?forum=winembplatdev

Our company develops hardvare devices, which run Windows CE and Windows 7 Embedded.

The hardware engineers made a small mistake in the HDMI hardware (they forgot to invert one line), and because of this, the HDMI socket wrongfuly detects the presence of the display. So, the Windows CE senses that no display attached to the HDMI socket, but in fact, there is a display, just the Windows CE beleives it wrongfuly.

And, after we can make the Windows beleive that it has a display, it handles the display correctly, so the only problem is the detection of the presence of the HDMI display.

We can suppose, that there is always a display on the HDMI, so we no need any kind of HDMI detection.

Our company sold 200 devices when they realize the hardware problem. (The display works fine after switching on the system, it becomes wrong after the first unplug and plug.) So, the company sold 200 devices, and we cannot call them back, it would be too high cost, and loosing the trust.

We would like to change (update) the software, and we would like the new software to avoid any kind of HDMI line checking, any HDMI presence checking.

Can we somehow overrule the HDMI detection, and explain to the Windows CE that it does have HDMI display even if it cannot sense the presence? Can we force the Windows CE to use an HDMI display which it cannot sense?

The display chipset (and this handles the HDMI socket too) is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series

Driver provider: Intel Corporation

Driver Date: 15.03.2013

Driver Version: 8.14.8.1091

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VLADIMIR_S_Intel
Employee

As soon as I understand the EMGD driver is used. If so, try to disable the 'Display Detection' option at the 'Chipset Configuration Page' and generate new installation using CED

0 Kudos
MFalk1
Beginner

Thank you very very much for your answer. It sounds very very great. The problem, that I am new, and I do not know, what tools they used. But I asked them and they said they just used a normal pre seted driver, so, I mean, they said, they did not make such a settings what you wrote.

Could you help me where I can download this "EMGD" driver?

And... other informations. We use different operating systems, but we sold all these problematic devices with "Windows 7 Embedded". So, not "Mobile", just plain Windows 7 Embedded. Is this EMGD driver good for this operating system?

((((((((What does it mean "EMGD"?))))))))

Thank you very very much again, I feel the first time, that we are close to the solution.

0 Kudos
MFalk1
Beginner

Thank you very much for your answer. As you wrote, this EMGD driver is not usable with Windows 7. Dos you know any other driver, which is suitable for Windows 7 Embedded?

0 Kudos
VLADIMIR_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos