Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

How to install the Iris Plus Graphics 655?

SFars
Beginner

I'm trying to use the dch installation on fresh installed windows 10 pro 64bit. But after running few second installer giving "The installation package isn't supported by this processor type", I bought NUC8i7BEH1 Bean Canyon. I'm following the method describe for dch installation.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You've uninstalled the non-DCH drivers at this point? If not, you need to do so before installing the DCH drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
SFars
Beginner

There isn't any driver install.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SFars, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. The information provided by Scott is correct, normally when you do a clean installation of Windows* there are updates that are applied via Windows* updates which sometimes include graphics drivers. Follow these steps to cleanly install the graphics driver: 1. Download the following driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28601/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC?product=126140 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 4. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 5. Click on 'Uninstall'. 6. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SFars, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos