Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

How to set Intel Display Audio default volume to 0% for all HDMI device

YWei
Beginner

Hello,

I have an issue about bay-tril Intel graphic driver with Intel Display Audio on Windows 10 system.

I want to set the default volume to 0% for all HDMI device, but the default volume with Intel Display Audio is 100%.

When I plug-in a HDMI monitor on my device, the default audio volume is 100%.

Then I set the volume to 0%.

If I plug-in another HDMI monitor, the audio volume still become to 100%.

I had tried to find registry key, Intel HD Graphic settings and settings of DisplayAudio inf file, but I did not find any way to set the default volume for Intel Display Audio.

Does there any method can set Intel Display Audio default volume to 0%?

Below is my Intel Graphics Driver Information

Driver Version: 15.33.45.64.4653

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4653

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello ywei17,

I understand that you would like to keep the audio by default at 0% among the different HDMI devices.

Regarding this, I have done some research but to no avail as I have not been able to find an option like this from our side, nevertheless, I would recommend you to contact microsoft as well and see if they have an option within the operating system to keep the default volume setting at 0%.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ywei17,

I understand that you would like to keep the audio by default at 0% among the different HDMI devices.

Regarding this, I have done some research but to no avail as I have not been able to find an option like this from our side, nevertheless, I would recommend you to contact microsoft as well and see if they have an option within the operating system to keep the default volume setting at 0%.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
YWei
Beginner

Hi David V,

Thanks for your help.

I will try to ask microsoft for help.

Regards.

0 Kudos