Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Huge lag in game due graphics error Intel

NadineSarah
Novice

I have a huge lag in game Fortnite I never had before!

The problem started about 2 days ago.

While playing, about every minute my whole game freezes for 10-20 seconds,

I can't move in the game.

Then after those 10-20 seconds I can move again and I will see a bad connection logo on my gameplay screen. (red wifi logo) 

Game freeze (lag)Game freeze (lag)Back to normal, sign of no connectionBack to normal, sign of no connection

It's different from when I ever experienced bad wifi connection, because you normally would get first a yellow wifi logo and there is no sign of bad wifi i actually have really fast wifi connection.

The thing is, this problem came out of no where, I had no issue before and there's nothing that has changed (like same settings, no bad wifi connection), also on my Playstation I have no problems with the game or wifi at all.

I checked out all Fortnite inscructions, but it seems there's not where the problem lies because the problem is still there.

So also 7 days ago (before I had this issue) I upgraded my Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 but still played the game for days and there was no problem at all.

I even downgraded back to Windows 10 to check if it worked like it used to, and then when I opened up Fortnite I had this: Picture #1Picture #1

I went to the url and installed some downloads at  ''Intel® Driver & Support Assistant''

I saw 3 newest updates, so I updated and then I saw this:

intel driver & support assistantintel driver & support assistant

I have no other updates on my laptop.

Evertything else seems to work fine and is the same like it was before so I don't know what to do anymore or what the problem is.. 😞

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello NadineSarah,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

3. Can you also share a video of the issue?

4. Have you noticed this issue with other games? If so, which games?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello NadineSarah,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

3. Can you also share a video of the issue?

4. Have you noticed this issue with other games? If so, which games?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

NadineSarah
Novice

Deivid A. thank you for helping,

1. I did before I also saved it but I don't have any knowledge what to do with it or where I can see what to do.

2. This is a laptop,

Lenovo Ideapad 3 15IIL05 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.19GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.75 GB available)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

3. I downloaded a video in the file

4. I don't play other games on my pc, so I actually don't know..

NadineSarah
Novice

I don't know how, but the problem is solved!

It doesn't lag anymore!! 😁

Thanks for helping!

DeividA_Intel

Hello NadineSarah, 

Thanks for the information provided, I do appreciate that you informed me the issue was solved.

I will close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.