Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Hz-es on Integrated Graphics

Iv_Petr
Novice

Hi there! So basically, my question is – what minimum requirements are for integrated graphics specs for producing 144hz or even 240hz in basic windows mode in 1080p? The system won't be used for games, only office, internet-browsing and video. And when it comes to regular (“office”) use of pc it's hard to find that info. If iGPU doesn't produce Hz-es then there is no need to buy such monitor.

Also, there is possibility to build system over mobile processors. So Intel UHD Graphics 600, for example, is also under consideration.

So there is monitor, capable of showing 144\240hz ; there are all relevant cables and ports (info on dependencies of Hz and ports I've found already) === what specs to look at next then? I thought it's about Pixel Rate, maybe?

(I do not declare 144 or 240 hz exactly since I suggest it's just a number and requirements should be proportional)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Iv_Petr, I just received an update on this matter.

The Intel® Graphics controller and its driver will enable any video mode supported by the display as long as it fits the bandwidth requirements of the video output.

But, in this case, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the system to get final confirmation and to make sure there are no last-minute limitations set during hardware implementation.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Iv_Petr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, the minimum requirements of integrated graphics specifications for producing 144hz or even 240hz in basic Windows* mode in 1080p, will depend on the type of platform that you are using, on the Graphics Controller, Monitor/TV and video port being used.

Based on that, please provide the SSU and the Graphics report so we can verify those details:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Iv_Petr
Novice

>>please provide the SSU and the Graphics report 

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind (I don't have any now to check)

What about Celeron N4000 with UHD Graphics 600? 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Iv_Petr, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Actually, the option to be able to use 144hz or even 240hz in basic Windows* mode in 1080p will not depend on the Graphics controller working on the computer, it will depend on the video port from the motherboard that will be in use, for example, if it is HDMI 2.0 or higher it could support up to 240Hz, but if it is HDMI 1.3 for 1080p or HDMI 1.4 it will support up to 120Hz, you can always check this information by checking a site for HDMI or DP specifications since they are different.

What we recommend as well, will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the motherboard for them to confirm those details and also to make sure the Monitor/TV supports this feature.

Regards,

Albert R.

Iv_Petr
Novice

Thank you, Alberto_R_Intel1, I got the idea about ports and motherboard specs.

But the same time you're saying that all today's integrated intel gpu-s produce 144\240hz in 1080p with no problem? If not limited by interface and rendering difficulty. 

I found today some info in dutch language that with UHD 600 at 144hz if you try to move browser window with playing video there will appear lags. Don't know if it's ture. And even if it's true that doesn't mean it can't work at pure 144Hz or 240Hz in the most of other scenarios, I guess. But still.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Iv_Petr, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Actually, "all today's integrated Intel® GPU-s produce 144\240hz in 1080p with no problem" that is not correct, it depends on different factors and not so much the Intel® Graphics controller.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Iv_Petr, I just received an update on this matter.

The Intel® Graphics controller and its driver will enable any video mode supported by the display as long as it fits the bandwidth requirements of the video output.

But, in this case, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the system to get final confirmation and to make sure there are no last-minute limitations set during hardware implementation.

Regards,

Albert R.