Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I am getting an error in reliability monitor. Exact report read "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246013: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDF" I have attached System support utility log.

rockstarrocks
Novice

CPU: i7-7500U

Win10 v1809 build 17763.195

Driver Version: 25.20.100.6471

Security product: Eset

Device: ASUS VivoBook R558UQ (X556UQK)

0 Kudos
11 Replies
rockstarrocks
Novice

Can please at least help me out.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I dont know below method works or not , but try

type below commands one by one in cmd, then press enter

Sfc.exe /Scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /Resetbase /Defer

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

restart the windows

0 Kudos
rockstarrocks
Novice
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello rockstarrocks, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would recommend that you do the update but using our executable since it is not working properly when it is done with the Windows* update. Please refer to the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551 Make sure to read the detailed description before continuing with the process. Once you have downloaded the executable, please follow these steps: 1 - Go to device manager and check for the Intel ® HD 620 2 - Right-click on it and select uninstall, make sure to remove the drivers as well. 3 - Restart the system. 4 - Run the executable and let it install. 5 - Re-connect to the internet and check to see if the error keeps happening. By now, the driver should be updated and it should not show any erros. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
rockstarrocks
Novice

Thanks for the reply DavidV_Intel,

As I wrote in the original post I am already using latest drivers and I only update using Intel Driver and support assistant.

0 Kudos
rockstarrocks
Novice

Just to be clear are you asking me to reinstall drivers? cause they are already updated.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello rockstarrocks, Thank you for your response. That is correct, please re-install the drivers from scratch and with the method described, there should not be any notifications from driver updates after this. Let me know the outcome. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
rockstarrocks
Novice

I just did that (uninstall then installing downloaded driver), let's see how that goes. I will update the thread.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello rockstarrocks, Thank you for your response. I understand, please let us know the outcome. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
rockstarrocks
Novice

Annotation 2019-01-11 221539.jpg

The Issue is still present 😞 and there is no sign of a failed update in windows update history.

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello rockstarrocks, Thank you for your response. This seems to be more related to a problem with the Windows* Update Service, this is because from our side, you have installed the latest graphics driver and it means that there should not be any download for it unless there was a new release. To address this issue I would strongly suggest you to get in contact with Microsoft* and share with them the error that shows up there, they should have a list of error codes and can give you more insight as to what the problem could be. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos