Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I am having a problem with Chrome crashing. I have an i5 5200 with Intel 5500 Graphics.Does not matter what driver I use.This is on 1809 Win 10 Home.

MCian1
Beginner

Current driver is 5603.Chrome freezes usually after it starts to stutter on you tube then reboots my pc.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you a laptop or desktop? If laptop, you should use ONLY the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.

If desktop, what motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
MCian1
Beginner

Toshiba Satellite with FF40 board.It made no difference with the Toshiba drivers and the drivers on their site are pretty old.My bios is the newest one from about 2015.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, the answer is that Toshiba is solely responsible for support of your laptop. I doubt there is anything that can be done here.

One of the Intel support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
MCian1
Beginner

This build of Windows could just be buggy on this Toshiba.Just installed on a Dell from 2013 with an AMD Processor seems to run fine.My guess is it could be an audio driver but its only a guess.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MCian1, We would like to gather more information to address this issue: 1. Does these issues occur if you use other browsers? 2. Is it your Google* Chrome* version up to date? 3. Are you browsing YouTube* or using the app? 4. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MCian1
Beginner

Problem happens in every browser except Firefox.Could this be related to the gaming issue 1809 has with frame drops?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MCian1, Thank you for providing more information about your system configuration. To continue troubleshooting this issue, we recommend following these steps to determine if the issue reported is being caused by a browser, driver or operating system issue. 1. Play a video in Google* Chrome*: Select a video from any location and drag it into Google* Chrome*. The browser should move from your current window to the file you’ve dragged on to it. 2. Try turning off hardware acceleration by going to Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Under 'System', uncheck ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’. 3. Try running the latest browser version. Google* Chrome*: three dots in the upper right corner > Help > About Google* Chrome*. 4. You can also try disabling Chrome extensions one by one by visiting chrome://extensions and uncheck Enabled for each extension to see if the issue persists. 5. We also would like to know if your computer stutters and reboots if you do other tasks in Windows* or use other applications to play videos. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MCian1
Beginner

I may have figured out.I just noticed the time was off by about 20 minutes.It may be the CMOS Battery causing my issues.I will look for a replacement this weekend.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MCian1, Thank you for the update. If you have any further questions, please contact us back. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MCian1, If you need any assistance, please contact us back. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos