Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

I am having bluescreens of death related to the intel graphics card. I have attached a report and an analysis of the dump file generated.

JStuh
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JStuh, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. Just to confirm, this problem is happening with 2 different laptops, is that correct? If the issue is happening with just one of them, please confirm if it is the Lenovo M720Q or Lenovo M920Q. What is the model of the processor on each computer? Are these laptops new? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Were they working fine before? When did the issue start? By any chance, is there a link that you can provide where we can verify the specifications of each laptop? This is just to confirm the graphics controller that is being used by them. You mentioned that the graphics driver that is currently installed is driver version 25.20.100.6472. I looked in Lenovo's web site and for the Lenovo M720q, there is a different graphics driver available, version 24.20.100.6287, please try to install that driver: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/m720q/10t7/downloads I did not found any drivers for the Lenovo M920Q, that is why I wanted to confirm if this is the correct model. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JStuh
Beginner

We have desktop and laptop issues but the M720Q and M920Q are desktops. The laptop model is the X1 Carbon Gen 6.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JStuh, Thank you very much for clarifying that information. For the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), the driver version available on their web site is 24.20.100.6223, that is the proper driver for the laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-6th-gen-type-20kh-20kg/downloads I looked for the specifications of the laptop and it says that it works with Intel® UHD Graphics 620, in that case if the problem persists after installing the driver above, we can always try to install the Intel® generic graphics driver version DCH 25.20.100.6519: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 If the problem remains, please provide the SSU report for the 2 desktops and the laptop: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JStuh, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JStuh
Beginner

Alberto, The problem persisted after the latest Lenovo driver was installed. We have since moved the the Intel DCH driver .6519 we have been 12 days without BSOD. We are crossing our fingers over here.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JStuh, Thank you very much for letting us know those details. Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that there are no more BSOD and the laptop is now working properly. Since the problem seems to be resolved, I will close this case, but if by any chance the problem happens again, just add a post to this same thread letting us know that information, the case will be re-open and we will further assist you with this subject. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JStuh
Beginner

Albert, it seems as though my last post about this didn't go through. The BSODS took a break for a few days but are back. It seems as though the issue is occurring when coming in or waking up from S0 state connected standby. I have one crash dump that states that the Intel Management Engine driver was the cause. How do I get these crash dumps and logs to Intel?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JStuh, Thank you very much for providing those updates, we are sorry to hear the issue persists. You mentioned previously that the error message that you were getting was pointed to the Intel® graphics card, do you have by any chance an error code for the BSOD that we can verify? You can always attach the file to this thread, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner. Keep in mind that the proper Management Engine driver for your platform is customized and provided by the manufacturer of the computer, so, if the crash dump that you are seeing now states that the problem is related to that driver, what we recommend then is to install the one provided in this case by Lenovo. At this point the problem does not seemed to be related to the Intel® graphics controller. I found the latest Intel® Management Engine driver version 12.0.20.1307 for the Lenovo M720q, please look under "Chipset" in the following link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/m720q/10t7/downloads Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JStuh, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos