Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I cant use the second screen only in window 10 (Windown+P)?

NPhuo3
Beginner

My chip Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics P580 - intel xeon E3 1545M v5 

i try to update new version but it is not work?

and i try to downgrade to version 25.20.100.6519 its work..Please fix it

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

W10 2004, W10 May 2020, W10 20H1, W10 19041 - A rose, by any other name, still smells.

0 Kudos
NPhuo3
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello NPhuo3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Could you please confirm some details:

• How is the monitor connected? are you using adapters/docking stations? are you using a single cable that has the same connection type in both ends HDMI to HDMI?
  • Just to confirm, when you try to update to a new version and it does not work? are you trying to update the drivers? if yes what is the error that you see and what is the version being installed?
  • Do you see a black screen when you connect the second monitor with a specific driver version?

I can see that your system has hybrid graphics, it's recommended to use the driver provided by the system manufacturer instead of generic drivers, in some cases, it can not work on some computers that support Switchable Graphics. It depends on your computer's hardware configuration.

Dell Precision 7720 drivers.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NPhuo3
Beginner
  • My monitor connected by HDMI and mini-Displayport both of them does not work ( the same connection type in both ends HDMI to HDMI and mini-Displayport to mini-Displayport).
  • I tried to update to a new version and it still does not work. the version being installed: 27.20.100.8280 (Second screen only does not work and PC screen is the same second screen)
  • This version 25.20.100.6519 is working. (Second screen only is work and PC screen is black)

I tried to downgrade to version 26.20.100.7263 but i cant install it. Error: The operating system version is not supported for this product.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello NPhuo3,

Thank you for your response.

I will recommend you to try a clean driver installation, you might try the following steps:

• Download the latest driver from the system manufacturer. (If the OEM drivers do not work for testing porpuses you can try Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics P580 for testing porpuses.)
  • Disconnect the computer from internet access to avoid automatic updates by the Operating System.
  • Go to apps and features.  
  • Find the Intel Graphics Driver.  
  • Click on Intel Graphics Driver then Uninstall it. 
  • The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.  
  • If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in the device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. 
  • Run the graphics driver you downloaded from our website.  
  • Follow the wizard installation. 

Make sure that you have the option extend selected (Windows key + P).

If no image appears with the latest driver try to test a different monitor if possible.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
NPhuo3
Beginner

Hi.

• Disconnect Internet
  • I cant find Intel Graphics Driver in apps and features. 
  • And i go to Computer Management -> Device Manager -> Uninstall Driver.. and the graphics controller in the device manager does not show as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. 
  • Finally,i reinstall windows without internet..after installing windows I immediately installed the latest driver graphic of Intel version 27.20.100.8280 and connect internet..
  • Its working

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello NPhuo3,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know that it's working now.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos