Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

I download Intel® Graphics 630 - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers and when I want to install it, it says it isnt for my PC. Please someone urgently HELP...

FORMI2011
Beginner

My notebook is Acer Predator G3-572 (i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz). I need this Intel Graphics update for Adobe Premier Pro.

Please someone help...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, this is typical. Acer abandons you pretty quickly after the short warranty period that they give you.

As I said, the primary reason for seeing this error is because the drivers have been customized. Another possibility is that the drivers cannot be updated due to their age. If the package (not driver!) build number (the number after the third dot in the version string) is 6443 or earlier, your current drivers are non-DCH drivers and the later DCH drivers cannot replace them. In this case, you need to uninstall the current package (from Apps & Features, not Control Panel!), reboot and then install the new package. Now, I warn you: if you do this and the actual reason for the install error is that the drivers had been customized, replacing them this way will cause problems as whatever additional features were supported in the (old) custom driver will have been lost.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to be downloading your driver updates from the Acer site. For laptops, manufacturers will often modify the Intel drivers to support custom features (brightness control, etc.). As a result, the standard drivers from Intel will not overinstall.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
FORMI2011
Beginner

thanks Scott for such quick reply. When I go to homepaga from Acer and VGA drivers, there are only 2 and from 2018. Adobe Premier Pro says, that I need to update the Inter Graphics drivers. Do you think, that drivers from Acer from 2018 will work?

thanks & regards

Lukas

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, this is typical. Acer abandons you pretty quickly after the short warranty period that they give you.

As I said, the primary reason for seeing this error is because the drivers have been customized. Another possibility is that the drivers cannot be updated due to their age. If the package (not driver!) build number (the number after the third dot in the version string) is 6443 or earlier, your current drivers are non-DCH drivers and the later DCH drivers cannot replace them. In this case, you need to uninstall the current package (from Apps & Features, not Control Panel!), reboot and then install the new package. Now, I warn you: if you do this and the actual reason for the install error is that the drivers had been customized, replacing them this way will cause problems as whatever additional features were supported in the (old) custom driver will have been lost.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
FORMI2011
Beginner

alright, appriciate your help 🙂

regards

Lukas

0 Kudos