Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTank3
Beginner

I have a Dell laptop with Intel Core i7-6500U CPU and an Intel HD Graphics 520 Graphic Driver. I'd like to connect two additional HDMI monitors (along with the laptop primary display) making a total of 3 monitors?

I bought a CONVERGE/AV HDMI 8-Port Distribution Amplifier with HDCP. I would plug the two monitors into that, then plug that into my Laptop HDMI port. I tried it already and the two monitors display the same extended monitor views. They are NOT unique. I need 3 unique monitors running. I went to Microsoft. Found nothing there. So I figure it has to do with Intel and their graphic package. I need a 3-monitor driver or software or something. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor graphics supports up to 3 monitors:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88194/intel-core-i7-6500u-processor-4m-cache-up...

However, how DELL implements that is a question for Dell. Contact Dell for support. They are responsible for your support and assistance.

Also, the use of adapters is not supported.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Also, that CONVERGE/AV HDMI 8-Port Distribution Amplifier does nothing more than duplicate one hdmi source to eight displays. You should not expect to see anything more.

If your laptop has an HDMI, a DP, and a VGA port, that is three separate displays.

Doc

MTank3
Beginner

Thanks for your prompt reply. I understand what you are saying, Dell has to provide the answer and/or hardware. The 8-port amplifier is not the tool to use. I had a friend contact me this morning with a listing on eBay for a: "DELL Triple-Display Docking Station" that works with my Inspiron 15 (5000 Series). I think this will solve the problem. Thanks you for your help and assistance.