Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

I have a Hades canyon with 3 monitor 2 x mini dp and 1 HDMI. The system never remembers the right monitor for the windows app after sleeping or on restarts. I am constantly rearranging windows to the screen where I want it.

SCuff
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like a Windows problem to me. What version of Windows 10 are you running? 1903?

Doc

0 Kudos
SCuff
Beginner

I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.678 with all the latest updates and all the latest Intel Nuc Updates - This problem has always been here for about a year since I got the NUC.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can try upgrading to 1903. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, do you have the latest bios installed on your nuc?

Doc

0 Kudos
SCuff
Beginner

BIOS Update [HNKBLi70.86A]

Latest version: 0058

Installed Version: 0058

0 Kudos
SCuff
Beginner

Intel® HD Graphics 630 Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation Video Processor Intel® HD Graphics Family Driver Provider Intel Corporation Driver Version 26.20.100.6912 Driver Date 5/28/2019 Adapter DAC Type Internal Adapter RAM 1.00 GB Availability Offline Status This device is working properly. Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0 Device Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_20738086&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10 Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics Adapter Compatibility Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Video Processor AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x694E) Resolution 2560 x 1440 Bits Per Pixel 32 Number of Colors 4294967296 Refresh Rate - Current 60 Hz Refresh Rate - Maximum 75 Hz Refresh Rate - Minimum 23 Hz Driver Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Driver Version 25.20.15002.58 Driver Date 12/6/2018 Adapter DAC Type Internal DAC(400MHz) Adapter RAM 4.00 GB Availability Running at full power Status This device is working properly. Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0 Device IdPCI\VEN_1002&DEV_694E&SUBSYS_20738086&REV_C0\4&2BF2E4F6&0&0008

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Thanks for the information. One of the Intel support engineers will be able to assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This problem also happens to me (though less often than I see on the NUCs) on my Desktop system with NVIDIA GTX 1060 card when I have more than one monitor connected. I am told that this is Windows bug. NVIDIA and ATI have both attempted to implement workarounds for this issue. Obviously, they haven't eliminated it completely...

Not the answer you were looking for, I am sure...

...S

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SCuff,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Intel has concluded that this situation occurs due to an OS design. The OS is not storing and persisting the window size and placement upon the disconnection of some display devices. Our driver is reporting a plug event correctly to the OS, but without persistence windows shift and move to the primary display. Other manufacturers may work around this through their own driver implementations.

Intel is looking to add a feature to work around this situation within the Intel driver. The solution path that we are moving forward on has been narrowed to only include 6th Generation and later platforms. Please post your feedback in the following thread https://communities.intel.com/thread/102871. Keep in mind that we cannot promise that the issue will be fixed.

Other customers believe to have found a solution: http://rcaloca.blogspot.com/2014/12/windows-changing-size-position-after.html 

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

As recommended by Al Hill, try upgrading the Windows* version to 1903 May 2019 Update and report your findings to Microsoft* since this is an OS design issue.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel