Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16862 Discussions

I have an Intel Core i7-4720MQ CPU with Interl HD Graphics 4600 card. It is not supporting HP ZDisplay with HDMI. It is working with VGA. But to get full resolution of 2520 X 1200 HDMI is required. How to solve this?

BKuma23
Beginner

Details of my monitor: hp ZDisplay Z30i

See attached dxdiag report.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BKuma23,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

First, I would like to know the exact model of monitor you are connecting. Also, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. 

Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

I would also like to know if you have tried different HDMI monitors or perhaps different cables as well.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

Requested information has been added to the main thread. Tried different cables and same model monitors.

Regards

BKumar.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BKuma23,

Thank you for your response.

Upon reviewing the report you have attached I was able to see that we could update the graphics driver and see if that allows the HDMI to connect properly. Please refer to the link below: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=814...

To perform a clean installation of drivers follow the steps below:

1 - Download the driver using the link provided above and then disconnect the computer from the internet. 

2 - In device manager check under "Display adapters", right-click on the HD Graphics option and select "Uninstall" until only "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" shows.

3 - Restart your computer and check display adapters again to make sure only Microsoft Basic Display adapter shows, if so, please run the installation of the driver downloaded on step 1.

4 - When done, restart your system again and test.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

I had installed the drivers but the problem is still there. Please find the attached image of error message i am getting.

Regards

BKumar.displayProblem.png

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BKuma23,

Thank you for your response.

Up to this point, we need to try a different model of monitor just to rule out a possible compatibility issue, if possible, please connect the system to another monitor via HDMI. 

Also, please provide me with a graphics report, you can create this report by following the steps in the link below: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Please attach it as a .txt file.

Regards,

David V

BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

I tried with the Projector through HDMI and working fine. But if am connecting to Z30i monitor it showing Input signal out of range, Change setting to 2560 X 1600 60 Hz.

See the attached graphics report as requested by you.

Regards

BKumar.

BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

Issue got resolved. Thanks for your kind support.

Today i changed the HDMI cable and it is working fine.

Regards

Bkumar