Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

I have an problem while launching Minecraft launcher. (error = org.lwjgl.lwjglexception)

Greast
Beginner

So this is an error in console. 

g.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.createDisplay(Minecraft.java:674) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:491) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:408) at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:115)

Also, I already updated drivers 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) HD Graphics 9.17.10.4459

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.17134 Build 17134)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Sorry, but Intel does not support Windows 10 on 2nd gen and older processors.
Your error is caused by the down-rev. support for DirectX and/or OpenGL present in the MS compatibility driver. MS is not maintaining this driver, so no updates are forthcoming.
If you want to play these kinds of games, you need to purchase a replacement graphics solution (if even possible, considering architecture and compatibility issues with systems this old) or purchase a significantly newer system.
Reality bites,
...S
0 Kudos
Greast
Beginner

Can you suggest, what i can purchase to play it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you are a desktop, you can try and find a compatible nvidia card.  Compatibility is key.

If you are a laptop, there is nothing you can do, except to get a new laptop that is compatible with Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
Greast
Beginner

Is Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 GHz Processor, be okay for minecraft?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Beats me.  What do the system requirements for Minecraft say?

Doc

0 Kudos