Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

I have the Intel HD 630 on board, but disabled because I use a GeForce card now. How can I keep driver update messages from appearing in DSA?

Maar10
Beginner

Intel Driver and Support Assistant reminds me every time I log in (!) that I need to update my graphics driver. But I'm using a GeForce card, so the update fails every time "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software". Only to then tell me that I need to try the installation again. How can I tell DSA to ignore this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Ok, if the onbard graphics are now disabled because of inserting the nvidia card, or turned off in the bios, this may help.

go to start, settings, apps, and look for any/all installs of Intel graphics, and uninstall them.

Then, go to the device mangler,. In the view menu, show hidden adapters.

Then, under display adapters, uninstall (and delete) all intel display adapters.

Then, reboot. Run IDSA again, and see if it detects Intel graphics.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Ok, if the onbard graphics are now disabled because of inserting the nvidia card, or turned off in the bios, this may help.

go to start, settings, apps, and look for any/all installs of Intel graphics, and uninstall them.

Then, go to the device mangler,. In the view menu, show hidden adapters.

Then, under display adapters, uninstall (and delete) all intel display adapters.

Then, reboot. Run IDSA again, and see if it detects Intel graphics.

Doc

0 Kudos
Maar10
Beginner

Thank you very much! That did the trick indeed. Uninstalled the driver in device manager of the hidden HD 630.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad to help.

Doc

0 Kudos