Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I have uninstalled the Graphics Control Panel but the hotkeys CTRL+ALT+F11 and CTRL+ALT+F12 are still assigned to that uninstalled application and cannot work in any other application. How can I fix it ?

PSCHW11
Beginner

On my Dell XPS15 7590 computer I have updated Intel Graphics Control Panel to intel Graphics Center and uninstalled the graphics control panel. But the hotkeys CTRL+ALT+F11 and CTRL+ALT+F12 are still assigned to the no more existing Control Panel.

For instance when i type CTRL+ALT+F12 il displays a message: You need intel.gfxcontrolpanel. But that file is nowhere available, and besides and do not want any message. I would like to be able to fire CTRL+ALT+F12 (and F11) in my custom applications.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download Shortcut Key Explorer. Extract the zip archive and read readme file first. Run the Shortcut Key Explorer and it will automatically load the existing shortcut keys and display them in an easy to read list. From this list you can double-click on any item and edit the properties of the Windows shortcut.

Other option is to reinstall the Intel Graphics Control Panel and then disable the hotkeys.

Leon

0 Kudos
PSCHW11
Beginner

Thank you for your fast reply.

Unfortunately

1) Your link to Shortcut Key Explorer is no more available. But on googling it, I found a web site where to download it. I will try.

2) I do not find anywhere, even on Windows Store, the files for reinstalling Intel Graphics Control Panel. I can only install Intel Graphics Center or Command Center (beta) and it has no feature to disable the hotkeys CTRL+ALT+F11 or F12. It can only disable the other hotkeys for CTRL+ALT+Arrow.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
PSCHW11
Beginner

I have downloaded successfully Shortcut Key Explorer. But when I execute it, it tells me there were no shortcuts found albeit if I type CTRL+ALT+F12 I get a message about intel.gfxcontrolpanel missing.

Thus I am stucked. I think this could be considered as a bug for installing the update without cleaning the past shortcuts.

Thank you anyway for trying to help me;

0 Kudos
PSCHW11
Beginner

@LWAKSMAN​ : Great ! Your link to Intel Graphics Control Panel worked. I managed to install it and to disable the 2 Hotkeys.

Thank you indeed so much! It seems that the french Microsoft Store does no longer offer to download the Intel Graphics Control Panel, but the US Store does;

0 Kudos