Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

I need to update my graphics drivers but don't know which file is the right one

CatLover1993
Beginner

I have two computers that both need their graphics drivers updated, but I don't know what files they need. The first is an old laptop running windows 7 that has the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. The other is newer; it also runs windows 7 and all it tells me is that it has Intel HD Graphics.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

For the 965 latest driver is from 2011

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22459/Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-32-64-bit?wapkw=mobile%20intel%20965%20express%20chipset%20family

For the other GPU:

open device manager
select GPU->properties->details->hardware ID
copy and paste the value here to identify it

0 Kudos
williamtim
Beginner

My laptop screen becomes blurred everytime i restart it and i need to download the graphic drivers but dont know the right file . Help me out on that.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

In what way is the instruction above not comprehensible or reproducible?

Alternatively you can provide a report from dxdiag.exe or from SSU , or a screenshot from GPU-Z

0 Kudos
CatLover1993
Beginner

aI checked under "Device Manager ==> Display Adaptors ==> Intel(R) HD Graphics ==> Properties ==> Details ==> Hardware IDs" but there are 4 things listed there. Do I need one of them? All of them?

I'm also encountering a problem with the file you linked for the 965 chipset. It's telling me that I don't meet the requirements.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
CatLover1993
Beginner
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
Intel graphics drivers v8.15.10.2993 (15.22.58) for 1st generation Core i Processors (Arrandale / Clarkdale)

Supported OS: Windows 7 / Windows Vista
Driver build date: 30th January 2013 (DriverVer=01/30/2013, 8.15.10.2993)

Download links:

Supported devices:
%iILKGM0%  = iILKM0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046 ; "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
%iILKG0%   = iILKD0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042 ; "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
Intel graphics drivers v8.15.10.2993 (15.22.58) for 1st generation Core i Processors (Arrandale / Clarkdale)

Supported OS: Windows 7 / Windows Vista
Driver build date: 30th January 2013 (DriverVer=01/30/2013, 8.15.10.2993)

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

For some reason my last reply was not accepted by the forum, too many hyperlinks i guess?

Try this:

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/31281-815102993-152258-1st-generation-arrandale-clarkdale-windows-7-windows-vista/

0 Kudos
CatLover1993
Beginner

I checked the link you provided. I've never been to that website before. The download they gave was a zip file full of files. I'm not really sure what to do will all of it. Is there maybe an exe version here at this website?

EDIT: I found the exe file here in the download center and it didn't give me any sort of errors as I installed it but it did give me a heart attack. I was watching the little bar progress and suddenly my screen turned off but I was expecting that since it does that for a moment any time I touch my graphics. What I wasn't expecting was for it to stay off. Turns out it was actually just so dark it looked off which I figured out when I could barely make out the install wizard box. I had to force a restart but it looks normal now and after checking my graphics in device manager it says it's the one i just installed. It seems fine but for a while there I really thought I'd broken something. I was crying.

0 Kudos
PSSUM
Beginner

Those seem to be pretty old laptops. You most likely won't find new Intel drivers for those using Windows 7 you can use laptop's drivers if they still offer them

0 Kudos