Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

I think I solve the problem that Intel HD graphics can't output HDMI or DVI signal

idata
Employee

My new computer

CPU i5 2500 k

MB Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

Monitor ASUS MS246H

OS Windows 7 x64

Days before, I also have the same problem that so many guys have.

I can't get the output from 2500K via the HDMI port and DVI port after install the driver,

It's fine while using the DVI or HDMI port.But when I install the driver and reboot,there is no display after the screen "Windows Starting".I go into the safe mode uninstall the driver to using the system driver,everything just go fine after reboot.And when I using the VGA port from the MB,there is no problem after install driver.I try many kinds of drivers, the HDMI and DVI port also have no display.

Now I solve the problem using the method as below:

1.prepare a vga-vga line,and connect it from MB vga port to monitor vga port

2.connect a hdmi or dvi line from mb to monitor

3.select the monitor output mode to VGA

4.power on the PC and login the system (Now it's using the vga,so there is no problem)

5.install or reinstall the driver and DO NOT restart after the job is over.

6.press WIN+P and select the duplicate mode (the second one) and press enter to confirm.

7.right click on your desktop and select "screen resolution" ,that you will see your monitor is seperated into two parts (1|2)

8.then change your monitor output mode to HDMI or DVI,Is it working now?

9.remove the vga line,and the output form hdmi or dvi is good

10.reboot the PC and everything is OK

Hope this method is useful to you,thanks.

1 Solution
tbox1
Beginner

I SOLVED this problem.

I had the same problem long time. i have vga and hdmi output on my pc but only one was recognized. i installed several drivers,

including the special drivers mentioned in this tread to solve the 'hdmi not recognized' problem. Noting helped. So.. what helped?

Solution: 1) Completely uninstall the current Intel driver from 'device manager'

2) restart. Windows finds new device and updates it with latest intel driver! ( you could also do this manualy of course)

Problem solved: Now, for the first time Both , my vga and hdmi are recognized in the intel graphics properties! and they are bothe recognized when i plug a cable in either vga

or hdmi and i can select multiple monitors in intel grahics properties.

So always deinstall to default vga before installing driver.

cheers, Tom

View solution in original post

113 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Microsoft® Windows 10 is fully supported from Intel® HD graphics 4000 to the latest versions. Intel® HD graphics 3000 or above are not compatible with Win 10. Please review the link below.

Supported Operating Systems

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=cs-034343 http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=cs-034343

I suggest to uninstall and delete the current graphics driver; restart the computer and run Microsoft® Windows update utility; it will install the latest fully compatible graphics version on each computer.

Regars,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
GPetr2
Beginner

So, another "same problem", Lenovo V570 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and LG TV 42LA620V. No signal. Other sources works fine. Many cables got tested. Besides,

0 Kudos
LHick1
Beginner

Wow! I didn't think this issue was so big! I think I may have the same problem and have been trying to find the solution and stumbled upon this site. I contacted Intel a day ago, but as yet no answer. Based on this blog, I doubt I will get one.

Here's my experience. I just bought an older computer with an i3-2120 cpu with integrated Intel HD 2000 graphics with 2 outputs, VGA and HDMI. I am running Windows 10. The VGA works fine, but I cannot get the HDMI to work when connected to my HD TV. Windows doesn't even seem to recognize that I have 2 display capability.

The Intel Graphics Controller (right click the desktop, graphics properties) only shows 1 display (the VGA monitor). It does not even show an option for selecting a second display, despite the hardware capability and the compatibility claim by Intel for the HD 2000 . I updated my BIOS and graphics drivers to the most recent. My HDMI cable is NOT the problem. Oddly, with the old drivers, the TV would show the initial BIOS boot page, but go black before Windows starts to load. However, with all the newest drivers there's no response whatsoever on the HDMI channel. The VGA monitor continues to work just fine. I have tried to boot without the VGA connected and just the HDMI TV, but with no change.

I see that the HD 2000 is not supported for Windows 10. I am therefore thinking of rolling back to Windows 7. Has anyone tested that idea?

I also am thinking of rolling back to older drivers. My old BIOS and HD 2000 driver at least showed the initial boot page. Perhaps the oldest drivers will work. Has anyone tested the old drivers to see if they worked any better?

The idea about uninstalling and deleting the HD 2000 driver and rebooting with only the HDMI connected to allow Windows to suggest a driver, looks interesting too. But how would you interact with Windows, without a monitor. Also, wouldn't Windows simply recommend the latest Intel driver? Has anyone tried this?

I know I am coming in late on this issue. I feel your frustration. I apologize if this has already been covered.

I am bookmarking this page. If anyone finds the solution, please post it.

Hang in there guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I tried the following with no success.

1. I rolled back to Windows 7 but that did not solve the problem. Still no 2nd monitor.

2. I rolled back the BIOS but no change.

3. I rolled back several other drivers, but no change. I couldn't roll back the chipset driver however. It was the only version available on the Dell website.

4. I tried uninstalling and deleting the HD 2000 graphics driver. Upon reboot Windows chose it's own version but it had the same problem.

5. Sent a second request to Intel. No answer on the first one.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Smedley,

I will try to solve the dual monitor issue with your Dell laptop, with an Intel® Core™ i3-2120 and Windows® 7. Please reply with the full model of your laptop and the service tag number of it.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
LHick1
Beginner

Thank you Mike. I wish you success.

Actually it's a Dell Optiplex 390 desktop, service tag no. 6MXY4V1. Yes, it has the i3-2120 with the Intel HD 2000 graphics. Currently I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

A lot of people on here seem to be having a similar problem with similar onboard Intel HD Graphics. In my case it seems as if the driver is not informing Windows about the second display.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Smedley,

According to Dell support, you system is not capable to run Windows® 10. Now, for Windows® 7, go to Dell support page, type your Service tab number and download the latest drivers available. OEM companies usually customize our generic drivers according to their specifications.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/6MXY4V1/drivers?s=BSD Product Support | Dell US

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
LHick1
Beginner

Hi Mike. Thanks for the quick reply. However, I thought I made that very clear in my description. I am running Windows 7, and I have already downloaded ALL available updates on Dell, INTEL, and Microsoft. The problem continues.

The Intel HD 2000 Graphics in the i3-2120 processor is NOT working as specified. My system does not recognize that I have 2 monitor inputs (VGA and HDMI). It ONLY recognizes the VGA. So, back to you. Surely someone at Intel can solve this?

0 Kudos
rbrow15
Beginner

We're ALL wasting our time complaining to Intel about this. Let's face it, they've KNOWN about this issue (OF THEIRS!) for 3 years now and done absolutely ZILCH about it. They keep fobbing off Customers with B.S. comments like "contact your PC manufacturer" or Get the latest drivers" etc etc etc. An endless monologue of USELESSNESS!

Try criticising anything they promote on Twitter, for example, and they just PM you and ask you to do JUST THE SAME useless wastes of time. OUR TIME!!!

They KNOW about their problem and CHOOSE not to fix it! I used to WORK FOR INTEL and fully understand how these situations arise: They've "moved on" and don't care one iota for the Customers they've left behind.

So, bite the bullet, folks, they're NOT going to fix it. They're probably simply INCAPABLE of fixing it! They're just engaged in minimising the BAD PUBLICITY that results from that decision (and you can be SURE that someone in Intel has decided to just IGNORE these complaints)!

Just remember all this next time you even DREAM of buying anything with "Intel Inside" it EVER AGAIN!

Tell your friends.

Tell even your enemies.

Tell EVERYONE!

Note to Intel:

If you can fix this, write up the (certain way to) fix HERE. On this forum.

We're all looking.

We all will continue to bad-mouth "Intel Inside" at EVERY OPPORTUNITY until/unless you do The Right Thing by us.

- but experience of the LAST three years is that NONE OF US should hold our breath!

INTEL JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN!

0 Kudos
LHick1
Beginner

IT'S WORKING!!! After all the emails and posts (see my posts above for some of the details) and phone calls that did not lead anywhere, all of a sudden I turned on the computer and BOTH monitors lit up! I've set my HD TV as my second monitor, and after a few tweaks, WOW! It's beautiful.

To review, I have a Dell Optiplex 390 with INTEL HD 2000 Graphics, with VGA and HDMI outputs. Initially only the VGA worked.

So, how did I get it working you ask? I'm almost embarrassed to say that someone in one of the posts said for him it was the cable, but I discounted that because I know my cable is fine. Well my cable is fine, but it looks as though the connection to the HDMI output at the back of the computer is a little finicky. I learned this when trying to adjust my cables for my keyboard and mouse. Suddenly my TV screen went black. I jiggled the HDMI connection at the back of the computer and it came back. Jiggled it again and it went off, etc. On my computer it seems that the HDMI connection works when there is a slight upward pressure on the cable. Sorry if that sounds lame, but that's the truth. I'm not saying that will work for everyone, but give it a try and let us know.

Oh, and here are a few of the false leads that produced no success for me. It made no difference whether using Windows 7 or 10. Initially when I discovered my 2nd monitor was working, I was on Windows 7. I updated to Windows 10 and it's still working. Updating the drivers and BIOS alone made no difference on it's own. Rolling back the drivers to the oldest available made no difference on its own.

A further development for me is that I have since re-routed my HDMI cable. Now it goes to my surround sound system and from there to my TV, so I now not only have a HD picture, I also have excellent sound.

Good luck! Out.

0 Kudos
AFirs
Beginner

If only all the complainers here has sloppy cables. It's STILL broken! And Intel STILL don't know why.

And they STILL don't care!

Here's their response on Twitter:-

"since this was already posted on our communities, once we have a solution it will be posted on the forum -LJ"

They haven't posted, so you can be SURE that they are still in the dark.

About their OWN Product!

After THREE WHOLE YEARS!!!!!

Buy "Intel Inside"?

Not bloody likely!

0 Kudos
GBern5
Beginner

Hello! It's 2016 and I still have this issue as well.

I re-purposed my "old" G2020 box, and re-installed Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 x64) and Windows (10 x64) on it to bring it to life again. I've got two monitors connected to the Asrock H61M-ITX motherboard, one using VGA, one using DVI. Drivers are installed properly on both system (well, Linux worked out of the box, and for Windows I used Intel's tool to automatically find and install it).

As a result:

- Dual screen works in the UEFI screen, no issues (clone)

- Dual screen works in Linux, no issues (extended desktop)

- Dual screen doesn't work in Windows 10, only the VGA screen is recognized.

It's definitely a driver issue, and it's definitely Windows-specific. What gives, Intel?

0 Kudos
tbox1
Beginner

I SOLVED this problem.

I had the same problem long time. i have vga and hdmi output on my pc but only one was recognized. i installed several drivers,

including the special drivers mentioned in this tread to solve the 'hdmi not recognized' problem. Noting helped. So.. what helped?

Solution: 1) Completely uninstall the current Intel driver from 'device manager'

2) restart. Windows finds new device and updates it with latest intel driver! ( you could also do this manualy of course)

Problem solved: Now, for the first time Both , my vga and hdmi are recognized in the intel graphics properties! and they are bothe recognized when i plug a cable in either vga

or hdmi and i can select multiple monitors in intel grahics properties.

So always deinstall to default vga before installing driver.

cheers, Tom

bavta
Beginner

Reinstalling the driver works until the next shutdown. In my case it is the displayport that is stops working.

I gave up and installed a cheap Nvidia card, both monitors came up without having to change any configuration. I never understood why cheap PCs come with a video card in addition to the on board Intel video output. I guess they realized that it would be a tech support nightmare to deal with the Intel video hardward/drivers.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi iboaz,

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the current graphics driver then, restart pc and run Windows® 10 update. Windows® will install the best compatible driver.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
bavta
Beginner

Thank you for your reply Mike. This is exactly what I did, uninstalled, reboot, and let windows find the driver and install it. This is an employee's PC, so even though there are workarounds and I can always get the port to work, this is not a solution if the employee discovers every other morning that his monitor is dead. Sometimes it is as easy as moving the cable from DP 1 to DP 2, but the problem keeps on coming back. I changed cables and monitors, and several reinstallations, but I believe that this is a driver issue.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi iboaz,

Let me help you with your case. Please send me the results of Intel® System Support Utility.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
ASaar1
Beginner

I solved the problem: i sold the intel-shit and went back to AMD. Thank you very much, intel.

i spent 2 days with testing (500 drivers, with and without reboots, 4 different types of cables....but it is just your noob-driver. Deactivating/Activating solves the problem ALWAYS. So it it is just your fault.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xionic,

I apologize for the inconvenienced. If you still have the Intel® processor and motherboard I would like to review your problem and try to solve it.

If you agree, let me know the processor model, motherboard model, RAM and details about the issue.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
ASaar1
Beginner

No, sorry. I sold it.

I built more than 20 Systems over the years and i NEVER had such a crappy bug.

And as i see in this and other threads: you can't help me or us. If you could you'd have done 2-3 years before...

Sad, but true.

But to be nice: i tried 2 TFTs. One had HDCP (and worked fine), the other didn't have HDCP and failed (black screen).

Perhaps try to work on that issue?!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xionic,

Thank you for your feedback.

In regards the issue with HDCP, send me the system configuration and applications that you were running.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
ASaar1
Beginner

I don't feel it

...wasted too much time already.

Send me a 16+ GB USB Stick for free and i will give you some information

0 Kudos