Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

IDSA keeps asking me to update an ARC driver but I don't have an ARC card

CRIB
Beginner

IDSA keeps pestering me to install the following driver
----------------------------------------------
Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows*

Description:
This download installs Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™ Graphics.
Version:
Release date:
February 26, 2024
Size:
681.18 MB
----------------------------------------------
However I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 and a Intel UHD Graphics (No ARC at all).
My question is:
Should I go ahead and update it anyway even if it comes with this scary disclaimer ?
========================================

Installing this graphics driver from Intel will remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM)

If a newer graphics driver is available from your computer manufacturer, we recommend that you install that driver instead. To learn more about installing an Intel driver on your OEM system, refer to this article.

I understand and wish to proceed.
========================================

If I shouldn't do this suggested update, how to get rid of these frequent pop-ups??
I'm very ignorant about these matters so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!!
Cheers!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
The arc graphics driver update will show up if you have a 11th Generation Intel® Core processor or newer. However, if you prefer to skip the update, you can follow this link to hide it: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093082/software/software-applications.html#:~:text=Another%20way%20to%20stop%20the,change%20this%20at%20any%20time.
0 Kudos
CRIB
Beginner

Thanks for your reply!
I decided to install it anyway but I get a "Download Failed Unexpectedly" error message when I try to download it.
That's what I have:

PROCESSOR: 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900KB @ 3.30GHz
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 and Intel® UHD Graphics

so the update should work .... but I haven't be able to download it yet... I may have to skip this update after all...

Any help will be much appreciated...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Just a thought... The default for Desktop designs is for the BIOS to disable the iGFX engine when it detects a dGFX engine. If this is the case, then the driver install is going to fail. Bottom line, you need to check the BIOS configuration to ensure that, presuming you want to use it, the iGFX engine is enabled regardless of a dGFX engine being present.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
CRIB
Beginner

Thanks for the reply...

I'm holding to a tiny lifebuoy in this stormy sea of information. At the end, I downloaded the update manually and installed it .... then I re-installed IDSA and all seems to be working, however here is scenario on my system now:
1) I have ARC CONTROL installed (but no ARC GC)
2) IDSA works fine but it does NOT show the manual driver install on the History log.
3) I have NOT changed any BIOS settings.

I found this page https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088086/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-graphics-family.html
which has the following interesting info for ARC CONTROL:
Minimum requirements:

• 11th Generation Intel® Core processor or newer or an Intel® Arc™ Dedicated Graphics card
  • Windows® 10 version 2004 or higher
  • Windows 11* version 21H2 or higher
  • Intel® Graphics driver version 30.0.101.1325
  • Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version 22.1.8.8 or newer
  • Internet connection

My system ticks all boxes with the exception of the ARC GC, therefore the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows update applies to it. 
I better forget put all this past me for now, I'm still blissfully ignorant as I always have been!     
Thanks for all the contributions!

0 Kudos