Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21316 Discussions

INTEL 915GM WINDOWS 8 DRIVERS EVER??

idata
Employee

Will be any news for us, using this new version of Windows or you will have us stuck at Windows XP?! My laptop grephic card is an 915GM, I am using Windows 8 right now, and the system is working flawless, much better than Windows XP!! Release a WDDM driver for this card, I know at least 5500 people want this... I know some kind of answer that is an old card etc etc, but i know the potentials of this card, i dont want it to play the latest direct11 game, i want just to run my system with proper drivers!!

Thank you for patience!!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

thank you for this feedback. I will forward it to the appropriate department but, bear in mind that the latest drivers we have available for that graphics controller are for Windows XP.

0 Kudos
TVyti
Beginner

thank you. Please create a WDDM driver for intel GMA915.

0 Kudos
TVyti
Beginner

I think it will suffice WDDM 1.0. The driver need not be signed by Microsoft, just to work. please

0 Kudos
TVyti
Beginner

Please remember that this was possible in some Vista. So it isn't a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Tomas

Intel will not be providing any Windows 8 graphics drivers for the 915GM chipset. Do to the age of the 915GM chipset and the certification requirements for Windows 8 drivers it is not possible. The only support for the 915GM chipset will be the Windows 8 "Inbox" drivers provided with the installation media.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

tomastomas wrote:

Please remember that this was possible in some Vista. So it isn't a hardware issue.

may have been possible in Vista and in Win7 but hardware acceleration features for intel 915gm video hardware have to either be reduced or disabled or risk getting BSODs using existing intel 915 drivers on Vista/Win7.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The Intel 915 cannot even run powerpoint transitions without glitching in windows 8. The driver support you guys provide is absolutely pathetic.

idata
Employee

I have to agree with Nick. This is Windows 8 and Intel for gods sake!! To say that you can't be bothered to support your own 915GM product for Microsoft's flagship OS is just lazy and bad practice in my opinion. You should be ashamed of yourself, really.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Seriously folks, the 915G/GM chipsets were released in 2004. Windows 8 wasn't even a concept yet. This is a hardware compatibility issue.

0 Kudos