Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

INTEL Driver and Support Assistant error

IMorr5
Beginner

I have used this utility for several years and am now getting an error when I try to run it despite it reminding me constantly that I have an update to apply. The error states "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan"

I have tried the fixes shown here https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000034495/software.html?wapkw=intel%20dsa%20error&erpm_id=9516885 but they have not resolved the issue.

I attach the files that it generated when i last ran it - can you tell me how to make this work, or even just tell me which driver I need to update?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Clear the Internet Browser cache.
  2. Uninstall the currently installed Intel DSA. There is special DSA Uninstaller. Using it gives better results than uninstalling function in Control Panel.
  3. Install the latest Intel DSA: Version: 20.4.17.5 of Intel DSA .

Leon

0 Kudos
IMorr5
Beginner

OK, I have just down all that you suggested and it didn't do anything - exactly the same error 😞

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What firewall are you using and are you blocking any ports?

IDSA accesses localhost on posts 28385-28389. It also connects to www.intel.com, downloadcenter.intel.com, and downloadmirror.intel.com, all on port 443 (HTTPS).

Doc

0 Kudos
IMorr5
Beginner

I am using Kaspersky but checking shows that it has full access - I have also tried with Firewall turned off, same result 😞

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Are you using any other type of protection, like cloud protection? In what country are you located?

Doc

0 Kudos
IMorr5
Beginner

no there protection other than Kaspersky which takes over from Windows Defender and Windows Firewall therefore when Kaspersky shut down PC is wide open - not a good thing 😞

I am in UK, though that shouldn't make a difference?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, sometimes the location is importent. However, I think this time it is not.

To get information on your configuration, Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

In the meantime, provide your processor model number, and we can steer you to the appropriate graphics driver.

Doc

0 Kudos
IMorr5
Beginner

The processor is an old one :(, I updated the 4600 driver earlier today to see if that is what was required, but IDSA still says that there is an update needed.

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I have attached the file also

Fingers crossed this will help you identify the issue and I can get the right update file 🙂

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That processor is not that old. I have three machines running an i7-4771.

You are up-to-date on W10 1903. And, you are up-to-date on the Intel 4600 graphics.

I do not see anything unusual, but maybe the Intel support engineers can find something or help.

Are you a desktop? I noticed that you have both amd and Intel graphics. Are they both available concurrently?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

One of the users have reported that BitLocker encryption, blocked the Intel DSA operation. So if your drive is encrypted, turn BitLocker OFF an see if this helps.

Leon

0 Kudos
IMorr5
Beginner

thanks chaps - i don't have bitlocker installed on the desktop (which this machine is).

guess I will need to wait on Intel picking it up.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One more thing - Are you running with the browser extension "EASE"? If so, disable it.

Doc

0 Kudos
IMorr5
Beginner

Not using Ease (whatever that might be :)) - I have actually done a reinstall of Windows 10 last night and cleared the cache in the browser and regrettably the issue remains 😞

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

EASE - EASE (Encrypt All Sites Eligible) in the HTTPS Everywhere browser extension. It was just a stab in the dark.

Doc

0 Kudos