Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

INTEL GRAPHICS B815

AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

Intel Celeron B815 is a legacy processor that has been discontinued and INTEL
does not release newal driver updates for this particular version.

Could someone suggest an alternative 2021 update to this very version please. 

Kind Regards,

AMOS

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

An "alternative 2021 update"?

No, your 2nd gen graphics are not supported and there is no Intel driver for Windows 10.  You have only the Microsoft generic driver which lasks features and performance.

If you are a desktop, you may be able to use an older nvidia card, like a 750 or 1050, which still have drivers from nvidia.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

Same messages was sent to the manufacturer earlier and the reply given was, the components on my system should be able to allow latest upgrades and without any limitations.

Regards,

AMOS

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Tell your system manufacturer to look at this page:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/63919/null

AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

Many thanks AlHill.

AMOS

0 Kudos
AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

AlHill,

Many thanks for the links. The Manufacturer (ACER) is right on this, since this was reported, I could go beyond these sets of inability of getting up-todate Graphics drivers and software on the system. Not Intel though, but of different 2021 brand (Nvidia). This wasn't the case before logged. 

Who actually fixed this is unknown. Same messages was sent to all these (Acer, Intel and Microsoft)  together with my system details. 

The link you sent was used, it confirms my Intel B815 processor Graphics is an Authentic OEM Version, and the Diagnostic driver link you sent, also confirm my system is in excellent shape. The third driver from your link, states what my initial question was all about, that INTEL stopped same processor updates since 2015, which means 2015 was their latest for this particular version.   

Regards,

AMOS 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, you should have acer provide the driver.

I can tell you that your 2nd gen graphics are unsupported and there is no driver for windows 10 available from Intel.

AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

EXACTLY, ONE OF THEM ( ACER AND INTEL ) SHOULD SUPPLY EXACTLY SAME UPGRADED VERSION. 

AMOS

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do not be afraid to release the CAPS LOCK,

I have already provided the answer.

AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner
Spoiler

Latest NVIDIA GeForce 451.67 Game Ready Graphics Driver was installed instead. Hope INTEL removes these restrictions on B851 on time. Looking forward to this.

Many thanks.

AMOS

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This is simply not going to happen.
Your 2nd gen. Sandy Bridge processor is simply too old, completely discontinued and Intel does not support it with Windows 10 at all. This means there are NO drivers from Intel. I repeat, NO drivers from Intel. Not now, not ever. You are running using the Microsoft compatibility driver and its support is almost non-existent (including poor support for hybrid graphics).
Your only option at this point is to continue to use your system as it is until such time as you can replace it with something significantly newer. Intel just completed the discontinuance of the 3rd gen. Ivy Bridge processors, so emphasis on 'significantly' newer.
Sorry, reality bites,
...S
0 Kudos
Jamie258
Beginner

The Intel Celeron B815 is a dual core processor for entry level laptops. It is based on the Sandy Bridge architecture (2nd generation Core) and features an integrated graphics card called  (based on the HD Graphics 2000) at 650-1050MHz and a reduced feature set (compared to the faster Core processors). E.g. Turbo Boost, AES, Hyperthreading, Virtualization VT-d, Quick Sync, Wireless Display and Clear Video HD are deactivated. Furthermore, some power saving features may be deactivated, leading to a shorter battery runtime compared to Core i3 processors.

0 Kudos
AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

The link AlHill sent was used, it confirms my OEM ACER Laptop with inbuilt
Intel B815 processor Graphics is
an Authentic OEM Version, and the Diagnostic driver link he sent,
also confirm my system is in excellent shape.

The third driver from his link is the same processor updates initially asked,
which means 2015 was the last updates for this particular version.
I have this very one, reasons for asking updates this time was
because of unusual and strange graphics issues recently encountered
on my excellent system.

The Manufacturer (ACER) is right on this, after accessment,
that the components on my system should be able to allow latest drivers and
software upgrades without any limitations. Since this was logged with ACER, INTEL AND MICROSOFT,

I could go beyond these sets of inability of
getting up-todate Graphic drivers and software on my system.
Not Intel though, but of different 2021 brand (Nvidia GeForce).
This wasn't the case before.

I prefer Intel more though...

Regards,

AMOS

0 Kudos
AKINYEMI-AMOS
Beginner

THE 2ND GENERATION INTEL PROCESSOR CONTROLLER UPDATES 0104. VERSION 10.1.1.1.45 RELESED 2ND JAN 2018 IS INSTALLED.

THANKS A LOT.

AMOS  

0 Kudos