Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

IRIS GRAPHICS PLUS 655

Wng001
Beginner

My screen will flash to black on and off randomly. wanna to update the driver to fix this problem. I cant update the driver automatically. so i downloaded the file and tried to update the ​DCH driver exe file but it still doesn't work.

using Window 10 64 bit.

NUC8i​5BEK

HELP! PLEASE ​. Thanks you.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
AlHill
Super User

To install DCH, you have to COMPLETELY remove all previous versions ever installed.

Try my procedure here:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Fm2ngSAB/how-to-install-the-dch-driver?language=en_US

Doc

Wng001
Beginner

thanks you for your quick reply. I will try it later! Highly appreciated your help. ​

0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

I fixed it. Driver was installed. Thanks you so much. Hope no more black screen with the new driver .​

0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

I updated to the newest driver. 25.20.100.6618 for my IRIS Graphics Plus 655. Unfortunately, the screen turn the BLACK on and off randomly issue is still existing. Any Help? 😣

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One of the Intel support engineers work with you on this.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Wng001, For Intel® NUC kits, we recommend using the latest graphics driver validated for the unit. Using a generic driver version for the graphics controller may cause graphics issues. We recommend following these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver. Version: 25.20.100.6519 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28601/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC?product=126147 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet to prevent Windows* Updates from installing any other driver. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Make sure the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is listed under Windows* Device Manager > Video adapters. If not, repeat steps 2 to 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’, and no other Intel® Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows* has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Enable your Internet connection. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft* Store Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

I will try to install the latest version driver. thanks you. I installed the DCH driver on yesterday already. ​

0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

HI Mr. Wanner

I updated the all the drivers. Unfortunately the black screen on and off still existing. I just found out it will happen after the Intel NUC woke up from sleep mode(Screen turned off). Any solution for this issue?

Thanks you.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Wng001, Thank you for your response. To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration. A. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. B. Monitor model. How are you connecting your unit to the monitor/TV. C. Could you please let us know if the flickering persists after waking up the unit? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

I scanned the computer and saved the Detail summary. How can I send the information to you? Or just copy and paste in here?

Montior model: Dell 2718Q 4K

Yes, Flickering is PERSISTS after waking up the unit.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner
0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

Any help Pls?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Patience, Grasshopper.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

Sorry, what do you mean DOC?

thanks you t

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Doc" is my nickname. When I respond to a post, I sign my name.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Wng001, To better assist you, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report. You can find the steps on a previous post. Are you able to replicate this issue? Could you please attach a short video, too? Also, how are you connecting your unit to the monitor/TV? (e.g. HDMI*; video adapters) Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wng001
Beginner

Yes. I have the video. How can I show to you?

I use HDMI 2.0 connects to monitor DELL U2718Q

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Wng001, You can attach a video to a new post. Click on the "Attach file" icon found at the bottom of the "write an answer" box > Upload file > Select the video file from your device. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
kenn
Beginner

Same issue here, I using Intel NUC8i5BEH and Dell U2718Q (4K 60Hz via HDMI)

Already update BIOS and display card driver via Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

please help!

0 Kudos
kenn
Beginner

attached SSU scan report.

0 Kudos