Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Identify a XE max graphic card

Jouli92
Beginner

hello,

i received my acer zenbook 5 which is, according to the configuration of the acer site, equipped with an XE max graphics card with 4gb of dedicated memory. I can't find a mention of an Xe max graphics card in the Windows system information. I see an Xe graphics card (not max). Is this normal or should the card appear as XE max?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner

thank you for your reply.

Here is the requested file as an attachment.

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner

Hello AlHill,

I made à mistake, the computer is a Swift not a Zenbook. But my question still remain !

Thanxs, Jouli92 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As the report indicates, your laptop's processor provides you with Iris Xe graphics. I see no evidence of a discrete Iris Xe MAX GPU being present.

...S

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner
Thank you for the analysis, it removes the doubt from me. I await the explanation from Acer. Regards
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jouli92

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to share some details here. The information provided by n_scott_pearson is correct. The Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor comes with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (integrated graphics) and the Intel® SSU report doesn't show that there is an Intel® Irix Xe MAX Graphics dedicated card.

We took the time to review Acer* website. Based on the System Model: "Swift SF514-55TA*" (as per the information in the Intel® SSU report), this model may come with different configurations/options. None of the ones we reviewed state that it includes Intel® Irix Xe MAX Graphics. We cannot say "this is a definitive answer" and it doesn't tell us if the computer comes or not with the said graphics card (the website might just not listing all the possible "configurations, options, SKU numbers, and/or model revisions" available in the market. Or perhaps you found another and different link with more information from Acer?).

What this information does tell us, is that there are some variants of this particular model, and in that case, we also agree that the best thing to do is to check directly with ACER* Support so you can have an official answer. And, in case your device does include Intel® Irix Xe MAX Graphics, the ACER* Support team may assist you further to review the behavior (perhaps a step or setting in BIOS is missing to enable the component).

We will keep the thread open in case you want to share any feedback once you received an answer from your computer manufacturer.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner

Good evening Andrew,

Thank you very much for this additional answer!

The link is still active https://store.acer.com/fr-fr/acer-swift-5-ordinateur-portable-ultrafin-tactile-sf514-55ta-vert-nx-a6sef-006 

Although the product is currently sold out, this is the configuration I ordered.

I will ask Acer again tomorrow to know if it is an error on the site or if, indeed, something needs to be configured in the depths of the system!

I will keep you informed.

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

You are very welcome and thank you for your response and for the link as a reference. Good idea!, feel free to provide any details that you may receive from Acer* in regards to this concern.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

Here is the response from Acer :

"Following your request, Iris family Graphics is part of the Iris Card and this depending on the processors used, and having an Intel, you have an Iris X Graphics."

Does the answer seem acceptable to you? From your experience, should the name of the Xe Max graphics card appear in plain text in the configuration?

Regards,

Jouli92

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

Thank you for your response.

We don't comment on third-party statements. However, our understanding is that your concern is specific to Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics (whether or not it is present on your device).

Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics is a "Graphics Controller" model different that "Intel® Iris Xe Graphics". The first one is "Intel’s first discrete graphics product in 20 years" and the latter is the "integrated graphics" of the Processor. There is a difference between Integrated Graphics and Discrete Graphics.

It is correct that Intel® Iris® Xe MAX is optimized to pair with 11th Generation Intel® Core™ processors; however, we believe that what you are looking for is a direct answer whether your system comes with the Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics or if it does not. We would suggest that if the answer provided by your computer manufacturer (OEM) is not clear enough, then double-check with them for more accurate information.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

In addition to the previous post and with respect to your last question, if a system comes with Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics and it is properly enabled, configured, and the driver has been installed, we should expect to see it in plain text (e.g. in the Intel® SSU report). Just for reference purposes, this is a screenshot we took from another Intel® SSU report showing an ACER* computer with Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics plus the regular integrated graphics (the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics).

Note: we removed some information from the report to resize the image to better illustrate our point.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Intel® Iris® Xe MAX GraphicsIntel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics

**********************************************************************************************************************

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner

Good evening Andrew,

your answers are perfectly clear and answer my questions precisely.

Thanks again to you and Scott and Al for your time.

I will keep you informed of the results of my exchanges with Acer.

Best regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

Sure! you are very welcome, we are glad to help.

Please feel free to share any additional feedback regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Were you able to clarify this with ACER* Support team?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Jouli92
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

ACER has recognized an error on the website.

They must offer me a gesture of goodwill because I do not want to return the computer which is otherwise suitable for me.

Thanks again, you can archive the topic if you want.

Best regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jouli92

Thank you for your response and we are glad to know that you were able to clarify your concerns with your computer manufacturer.

We will proceed to close this thread now and it was a pleasure to assist you with this request.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos