Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Igdumdim32.dll makes the game crash

juaneorellanag
Beginner

Metin2 (GameForge) requirements: Windows 10, 1GB VRAM, 2GB ram memory, 6GB storage and a 7th intel generation (i3,i5,i7).

My laptop: HP Envy360 15m-ed1013dx, 256GB storage, 8GB ram memory, 1GB VRAM, Intel core i5-1135G7, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 1920x1080 resolution, Windows 10 20H2.

My problem es that when I'm playing, the game freezes, then the complete laptop screen freezes, then it turns off for 2 seconds, when it turns on, the game is completely white without responding, then crashes.

I look out at the Windows event viewer, the issue is caused by Igdumdim32.dll, a user mode driver for Intel Graphics.
Name of the application with errors: metin2client.exe, versión: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e706fae
Name of the module with errors: igdumdim32.dll, version: 27.20.100.9030, timestamp: 0x5fc1903d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error displacement: 0x0000b122
Application path with errors: C:\Program Files (x86)\metin2\es-ES\metin2client.exe
Module path with errors: C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_f48be35b3d221b44\igdumdim32.dll

I updated the drivers to the last DCH 10 update (the problem happens with the recommended drivers from HP and every recommended update from Intel)

I contacted the game support but I haven't receive any answer, I contacted HP support but I have to pay money to recieve special assistance... the problem is caused by a Intel driver that is supposed to work, the computer is new, released at september or october, I payed a lot of money for this and the drivers from the new Intel Iris Xe are failing. 

I attached the SSU report.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Maria_R_Intel

Hello juaneorellanag,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have contacted Intel® Customer Support directly regarding the same issue here described and we found out that you have an internal support case open. In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos