Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

InTru 3D Technology - Windows 10 - Kaby Lake

MArer
Beginner

Hi @support team,

will InTru 3D Technology support Windows 10 on Kaby Lake CPU shortly?

Best regards

Cavaradossi

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Hmmm... It appears that only 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen processors support InTru:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html Supported APIs and Features for Intel® Graphics Drivers

Everything before and after these three generations do not. At least, according to the above document.

One of the Intel support staff will have to confirm.

Doc

MArer
Beginner

From FAQ

Which Intel graphics support Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology?

Intel InTru 3D Technology is supported by the following products:

• Intel® HD Graphics for Previous Generation Intel® Processors (formerly codenamed Bay Trail)
  • Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics 5200
  • Intel® Iris® Graphics 5100
  • Intel® HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600/5000
  • Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500
  • Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000
Which operating systems support Intel InTru 3D Technology?

32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7*, 8*, and 8.1* operating systems.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, all of those are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen processors.

Doc

0 Kudos
MArer
Beginner

Al Hill schrieb:

Yes, all of those are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen processors.

Doc

Yes, but i've done some tests with Windows 7 and my Kaby Lake Core i3, frame packed 3D movies are working fine.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It may be a Windows 10 issue. The Intel support staff or someone who knows this subject will have to comment.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Cavaradossi: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities. We will do our best in order to try to provide the information you are looking for.

Based on the information showing on the article posted previously and the information on the data sheet, it seems the Intel® Kaby Lake processors do not support the Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology, page 14:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html

However, I will do further research on this matter in order to confirm that. As soon as I get any updates on this subject I will post all the details on this thread.

Thank you very much to Al Hill for the information posted above.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Cavaradossi: I just wanted to let you know that after doing further research on this matter we can confirm that the Intel® Kaby Lake processors do not support the Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
MArer
Beginner

intel_corp

Thanks for your reply. Will there be another 3D technologie for playback framepacked 3D movies soon or are the 3D capabilities completely removed?

Best regards

Cavaradossi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Cavaradossi: You are welcome. I will try to gather the information you are requesting to provide the most accurate response. As soon as I get the answer I will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just received an update on the research we were doing on this case and in regard to your inquiry even though the Intel® Intru 3D technology is no longer supported on Kaby Lake platform, that does not mean the processors cannot handle or decode 3d playback. These processors are optimized and fully capable of handling 3d playback.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos