Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Input out of range

MMax01
Beginner

I accidentally changed my resolution through graphic control panel. Now I'm getting input out of range error.

I tried to fix this in this way...

1.Booted window in safe Mode.

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver from device manager. Thought i will reset it's setting but no luck. After i installed driver it automatically set resolution that i previously selected.

Now i can only boot into window by disabling graphic driver from safe mode.

I don't want to reinstall window and also i don't have any backup and restore point.

Is there anything that i can do?

Please help me.. Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

1. Model number of your processor.
  2. OS version and build number.
  3. Model number of your computer/motherboard.
  4. Model number of the monitor/TV and video output if applicable (HDMI*, etc.)
  5. The resolution and refresh rate currently set on the computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MMax01
Beginner

Hi there

This is my Desktop Specs

1.Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.2GHz

2.Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657

3.Hp EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF

4.HP LE1901wm 19-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

5.Resolution 1027*768 Refresh Rate 1Hz

Hope it will help you assist me.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

Thank you for your response.

1. Once in Safe Mode, are you able to change the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor?
  2. Have you tried using another monitor/TV for testing purposes?
  3. Now that we have the system specifications, we would like to know if your computer comes with a discrete graphics card.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MMax01
Beginner

Hi there!

1. I am not able to change native resolution in safe mode already tried that. Because in save mode graphic card is disabled by default so i get only two resolutions.

2. I don't have any extra monitor so not tried that.

3.Sorry, but i don't know what do u mean by discrete graphics card.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to look into this issue. We will update this thread soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MMax01
Beginner

Yes sure take your time

i'm waiting for your positive response. I really want my graphic card in working asap.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

Try to boot into Windows*, not in Safe Mode, and perform a clean installation of the graphics driver.

1.Disconnect your unit from the Internet.

2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections: 

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Go to Windows* Device Manager and check if Windows* installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version:

Software and drivers for HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor PC

20.19.15.5063 Rev.C

5. Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

6. If the issue persists, perform the same steps using the latest generic driver.

For Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Version: 15.40.44.5107 

In addition, you can try running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to check the health of the processor. Please let us know if the processor passes the test.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

Were you able to follow the recommendations provided?

If so, please generate a graphics report with the TV connected to the computer.

1. Open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.
  2. Click on "Options and Support".
  3. On the "Information Center" tab, click on "Save" and choose a location on your computer to save the report.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MMax01
Beginner

yes, i followed steps carefully twice.

Problem is i can't access graphic control panel. As soon as i install or enable graphics driver my screen goes black. So i have to uninstall or disable driver fro safe mode. And when in safe mode or driver is disabled there is no option for graphic panel.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

In this scenario, what we can recommend is that you try to use the repair feature the OS offers.

If the problem persists, you may need to reinstall the operating system in order to resolve this problem. It is worth mentioning that you may need to back up your data including the product keys, etc.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MMax01
Beginner

I have reinstalled OS.

Btw i suggest their should be an option to revert back ​setting if user accidently select wrong resolution.

Thanks for your response.​

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MMax01,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that the problem was resolved.

When a device displays an "out of range" message, it usually means that the clock or resolution is too high. This usually happens after selecting a custom resolution higher than the native resolution supported by the monitor/TV.

Using an unsupported resolution can be considered overclocking the graphics processor. In this scenario, the graphics control panel/driver may not control how the registry is modified by the operating system after performing these changes. For this reason, loading default settings may not be that easy.

If the system becomes unstable and corrupt, having a restore point or reinstalling the OS is usually recommended to resolve this problem. We also recommend contacting the OS vendor or the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further support. OEMs usually have OS recovery tools to address these types of issues.

Regards,

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
HamzaA
Beginner

Hello Sir, i am Hamza i have A solution for your Problem So Follow These Steps:-

STEP 1

Turn You Pc on in Safe Mode, After That Disable Your Intel HD driver.(Remember Not to Uninstall it)

STEP 2

After That Press Win+R  And Type msconfig and then Go to Boot Section at Bottom You Can See Base Video Its maybe Unchecked Checked it. and Restart Your PC.

Step 3

After That ENABLE your Intel HD display Adapter and it Shows Display Out of Range Dont W0RRY You Almost Got it then shutdown your pc through power button and wait for 2 sec after that Power On Your PC

BOOM Your PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!

0 Kudos