Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Installation failed with error code 0x80000000 (-2147483648 ?

Exergon
Beginner

Windows 10 DCH Drivers install fail.  Intel (R) HD Graphics 530.  So now what?  

My problem is the HDMI output on an MSI laptop stopped being recognized by external display, after a system hang and forced reboot.  Running Intel DCH driver update and install (using Intel Driver & Support Assistant) solved the problem once before.  This time I get the above error, but no info about how to resolve. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Exergon,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 530.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Did you try the latest MSI drivers?

2. Did you update to the latest Nvidia driver version?

3. Did you try the Intel driver version 15.45.34.5174?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Exergon,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Exergon,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
sleerfnivek
Beginner

I have the same error code I've been struggling with for months. The driver support assistant lets me know a new update is available. I run it. It starts then comes back to the same page after about 10-20 seconds and never actually downloads it. This happens with any of the updates including the bluetooth adapter....same error code. 

It seems to be a permissions error where the folder that the updater is downloaded to doesn't have write access permissions. If I had thought about it this last time I would have created a new user account to test this but instead I did what I usually do and find the name of the file, download it directly from your site, move it to a folder with full permissions and run it manually. When I do that it installs just fine. It won't run from the downloads folder however which most downloaded software doesn't seem to have a problem with. I DO have my user folders like downloads and documents within OneDrive  (for business) so it's also possible that this is a OneDrive issue even though i have all full permissions on those folders. 

It seems that somehow the installable files that intel is providing are being prevented from being saved to the folder that they're assigned. I have uninstalled the driver support assistant, rebooted, and reinstalled it. I also have run DISM.exe, SFC /scannow, and chkdsk numerous times since I usually run them all at least twice a month. 

I believe this started in September or October with the latest Win10 update at the time although I'm not entirely certain. 

Any ideas?

Edition Windows 10 Pro 64
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎6/‎15/‎2022
OS build 19045.2546
Serial number PF3GBLJK
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10210U Processor
Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics
14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-reflective, anti-smudge, touchscreen, low power, 400 nits

0 Kudos