Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20955 Discussions

Intel 4400 graphics no audio when resume from sleep in 8.1

idata
Employee

In Windows 8 I had no issues with audio when resuming from sleep. My PC is connected to the receiver with hdmi then from the receiver to the tv. In Windows 8.1 if I resume from sleep the audio device is gone and I can only restore by restarting the pc. I am using the 15335 drivers which are the most recent. Is intel aware of this issue and are working on it?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MNiel3
Novice

Same issue for me, come on Intel, buying a Haswell setup should not be this painful.

idata
Employee

Glad to know that I am not alone. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

1. What is the model of the receiver that you are using? What is the full model of the computer/motherboard that is in the system?

2. Have you updated the firmware of the receiver too?

3. Are you seeing the same issue after resuming from sleep but without the receiver and a direct connection between the computer and the TV?

0 Kudos
MNiel3
Novice

1. I am using HDMI directly to my philips 40pfl3008t (40" LED TV). I am using an Asus H81i-Plus Motherboard.

2. I have updated firmware on both my TV and motherboard.

3. Already had it connected directly to the TV on my end, and the issue is the same, when it resumes from sleep the driver is listed with an exclamation mark and says its failed to start in device manager.

Just noticed something else, if i dont turn my TV on before booting into windows i get the same problem.

Also I just plugged the TV into my other HTPC which uses an Ivybridge setup, no issues on that one, so must be related to my Haswell setup somehow.

Btw, this does not happend on Ubuntu 13.10, I dualboot Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 13.10, and in Linux there are no issues.

Update: The error occurs aswell if you just unplug the HDMI cable while in windows, so doesnt seem to have anything to do with the TV.

0 Kudos
MNiel3
Novice

Are you even looking at this issue? you asked for feedback, it was given and then ignored?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

My bad, I apologize folks.

In fact we are checking on the issue, as you may have noticed there are other similar threads dealing on the same problem.

I tried to replicate the issue with no success, therefore I have escalated this to be locked at.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up on this issue. We are looking into it, and have detailed information on the following page; /message/218663# 218663 https://communities.intel.com/message/218663# 218663

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
NBanf
Novice

Try this solution it worked for my HD 4400 setup

0 Kudos