Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel 5500 graphics failed to project to external monitor

TRaki
Beginner

Hello! I am using Lenovo ideapad100 15ibd notebook included with Intel core i3-5005u processor and Intel 5500 graphics card with windows 10 OS. I tried to connect my laptop to a second monitor. I failed every time. My graphics control panel shows only built in/single display while connected to second monitor. I tried to detect second monitor in display settings but couldn't detect second monitor. I updated graphics driver software in device manager but I didn't get rid of it. Monitor, cable, HDMI port is quite okay. Projecting with projector is fine. Monitor and cable were checked with another laptop and works fine. How can I solve the issue?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello TRaki, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. What is your Windows 10 build version? Make sure you are running the latest build version installed. You can try with this version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27414/Beta-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TRaki
Beginner

Dear Amy C

Thank you for your reply. My laptop is updated to latest windows 10 build version. I couldn't install the driver you suggested as well. Is there any solution?6.JPG7.JPG

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Try installing the driver with this method: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TRaki
Beginner

Dear Amy C,

Thank you for your support. I tried to install the version you suggested through the process in the suggested link by you. The custom update was unsuccessful. Now, what can I do?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Did you get any error message while installing the driver? Go to Device Manager> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed. Confirm that version please. Amy C´ Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos