Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20921 Discussions

Intel 620HD graphics drivers and Adobe.

NMuss1
Beginner

After the drivers version 4901, the next drivers(tried all including lastest release from March 27) started to create problems in ADOBE software(PREMIERE PRO, MEDIA ENCODER and AFFTER EFFECTS) and Mercury OPENCL Aceleration. When a video is added using graphics card aceleration (openCL) the video looks green, violet and with deformities on the programs view tools and after encoding it, it looks the same when reproduced with any video play app.

It only happens with GPU aceleration, with software aceleration i have no problem.

I get crazy trying to figure out was wrong until i realized that windows updated the drivers recently. Then tried a lot of version until i found that the latest version working ok was 4901.

To reproduce the bug just import any video in a project in Premiere PRO and the bug is there. My computer is an ACER SWIFT 5 with i5 7200U and intel HD graphics 620. Only tried in the screen of the notebook, connected and disconected to power. it happens ALWAYS (100%)

0 Kudos
23 Replies
NMuss1
Beginner

I am just staying with old drivers like you. This happen with al mp4 files from my cellphone, camera, tablet, etc. It is not a codec problem from these devices. Everything was working fine until you change something. If for you the problem is adobe you should contact them and try to fix the thing together. Since the problem is introduced by you and not from adobe who didn't update their program recently, for me you are the one that have to fix with them. Anyway i am not seeying will to fix the problem so i am not going to spent more time on this.

Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

Also, the links you post from adobe seems not related to this problem. Must be a lot of reasons why you can get green and violet lines with video drivers, clearly the problem is from intel and not Adobe!

0 Kudos
AGime2
Beginner

It was a frustrating experience indeed, but the latest 25.20.100.6471 drivers (Intel, from 12/10/2018) solved the issue for me.

Note that (alternatively) going back to an older driver as suggested earlier in the thread also did it.

Others commented on this as well https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/green-purple-streaks-premiere-pro.html

0 Kudos