Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21093 Discussions

Intel 82865G on Legacy Windows 8 [CODE 37]

idata
Employee

I installed Windows 8 last Friday when I noticed that all was well except for the Video Drivers. I tried installing it via Legacy Hardware Mode and it always dropped off to Code 37 Driver installer failed to initialize. Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

As this a mature video controller, there are no drivers that would be compatible with this new operating system. In this case you would need to use the inbox drivers that the operating system has for that platform and you should not try to force any other driver to work as it may end up corrupting the operating system.

Please keep in mind that this controller does not have drivers validated for Microsoft* Windows* Vista*, Microsoft* Windows* 7 or Microsoft* Windows* 8 due to hardware limitations in the older Intel® graphics controllers. Furthermore the software life cycle for this controller has reached its End of Life, so Intel will no longer provide any future software updates to support new operating systems or improve compatibility with third party devices and software products.
0 Kudos