Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel 910/ 915 Video

idata
Employee

Our group has created possibly the first WDDM Video Driver (.exe) for Intel Mobile 915- sorry no 910. Works only on Windows 7, major bugs in Windows Vista. Please Email me if you want it. Bugs once in a while (please email if you find any). This is still in its infancy, but in about a year if intel signs it, I can had it out freely (hopefully). I reserve all rights.

83 Replies
idata
Employee

What is your website sir?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey,

i appreciate that still somebody cares about that problem. Where can I download the betas? Would it be much work for you to make it compatible with 4:3 screens. My notebook is an HP nc4200 and it maches with all your requirements but the screen-resolution. Will I never get aero to work?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

What is your website address to download this from?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You will most likely is all that I can say. The driver was made for a dell with this current screen resolution that I had provided on my last post. I am unsure if it will work. The truth is that if you have an 915GMA chipset and 128MB of VIDEO RAM, then of course it will work.

The real problem is that since I have modified Windows, that puts me in a hot spot for all sorts of 'legal soup', mostly comming from Microsoft but also from Intel. Which as you can see, I can't tell you where my website is until it has been cleared up, see here- http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal/EN/US/IntellectualProperty/UseTerms/Default.aspx http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal/EN/US/IntellectualProperty/UseTerms/Default.aspx . I also can't sell it or 'mass distrubute' it.

However, I can give you the source code that I used if it interests anybody.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The source code would be interesting, what do you compile it with?

Would it be possible to release your modification as a patch file for the original Dell Driver thus sidestepping any legal issues to do with distributing the driver itself?

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'd love you have a go, can you send me the binaries and reg edits? You mention in your last post you can do that for a few people

My email address is mailto:james@yinter.net james@yinter.net

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do scripting with Perl and have absolutely loved programming in UNIX systems, however I had compiled these unoffiicial drivers using my copy of Microsoft's Visual Basic 2008. Initially, the .EXE that I used to do the very first installation back in 2009 was a piece of cake on one of my friend's Dell laptop. All that he had to do was run the application in Safe Mode then reboot- Instant aero and access to a heapload of other apps. Unfortunately even if I put in in as a patch then Dell would run after me for making an 'UNOFFICIAL PATCH/ UPDATE TO THE SYSTEM'. Therefore, if you are looking for the sourcecode, I will slowly but surely be updating this website continously over the next few days. I really am hurting to give out these beta drivers but it seems that I am held back by all these restrictions out there.

Also, update on Beta 4.1- for those who have found my website or have recieved my emails-

Beta 915GMA now supports a FEW Open GL drivers so that you will be able to play popular apps like Minecraft or other Java dependable games.

- Improved speed with '915Blaster v6'

- Now supports WDM 1.1 with the execption of Halo 2, Call of Duty 4, and Crysis- all of which are too heavy to be played on a 915 chipset anyways.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

your Greatness,

I've sent you an email to mailto:kuyatsushiro6@gmail.com kuyatsushiro6@gmail.com (i think your earlier link had a typo?). Please let me know if you recieved it. Your are the first person I have found that has given me hope. I just installed w7 on my neighbor's laptop (sony vaio VGN-FS742) and a new hard drive and 2 gigs of Kingston RAM. Everything was installing perfectly until I ran into the graphics controller incompatibility. Please get back to me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi can you please send it to me

Dell inspiron 1300 laptop

with windows 7 (been waiting forever for a proper graphics driver)

my email is mailto:dohcwp@gmail.com dohcwp@gmail.com or mailto:nadeemp21@yahoo.co.uk nadeemp21@yahoo.co.uk

thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am interested in the video driver for my Dell Latitude. my email is mailto:jeff@jefffrye.com jeff@jefffrye.com

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi would be able to email me i need the wddm driver for dvd maker because of school work

mailto:mace_45@live.ca mace_45@live.ca

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kuyatsushiro6,

could you send me your Intel 910/915 drivers for windows 7? I'd like to give it a try. Otherwise I'm lost - still getting errors when installing standard drivers or trying to run some graphic-related app. After every restart it jumps to 800x600 and want to install drivers again. Thank you very much. mailto:o.jarousek@gmail.com o.jarousek@gmail.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

http://915gmawin7.webs.com/downloads.htm http://915gmawin7.webs.com/downloads.htm

I will update this monthly...

The betas are free, however I charge 20 dollars for the full version. The funds will go to other projects that Intel screwed us over.

Thnaks for all your support... Stop emailing me... I get at least 20,000 emails when I came back from over summer...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Also thanks to many of my friends, we were able to find an exception to the law... Now anyone can download it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Download ithttp://www.2shared.com/file/6dtjf8kb/Final_Version.html here.

This is the 8th test beta- Final Version 4. I have more on the way for those with other generic 915 mainboards.

I reserve all rights. This is a heavily moded .exe of the 950 GMA to fit the 915 GMA, so it may not work 100 percent of the time.

Thanks to Nagita029 and Sabororota I was able to compile it. Hope it works for the community. NOT RESPONSIBLE IF IT BRICKS YOUR COMPUTER- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS NOT A VIRUS EITHER.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Due to the fact that there are at least 25 different types and variants of the Intel 'Anti- Aero' schemes, It would be nice if there was more than four people working on it at the same time. So, my point to you is if you are unsatisfied with the driver, then HELP US COMPILE, WRITE, AND DISTRUBUTE THE DRIVERS. I will email anyone the source code if you want to participate.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI,the driver won't install on my inspiron 1300 , w7 ultimate, centrino1.6 ,2gb ram ,not meeting minimum requirements...do you have other versions that will install?

plus the site , put some ads and manage the forum i'm shure we will be on it discusing,testing etc thanks

ps this driver is a really big deal to a lot off people

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all !

For me it is the same, and you can not install these drivers: (. Writes "not meeting the minimum requirements" My laptop is Acer TravelMate 2420. Look forward to improved versions and hopefully good.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

could you post a download link for the driver only, maybe working or something

the bdd driver where to download ? or where to find it inside w8 setup?

is there a version that installs on mobile 915GM/GMS,910GML, i have driver 6.14.10.4764 latest and this modded driver wont work

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
I installed Windows 8 Developer Preview and Aero works! unfortunately I can not install the drivers. Hardware acceleration is not working and to cut the movies. System drivers are a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" Screen on my laptop:
0 Kudos