Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel 910/ 915 Video

idata
Employee

Our group has created possibly the first WDDM Video Driver (.exe) for Intel Mobile 915- sorry no 910. Works only on Windows 7, major bugs in Windows Vista. Please Email me if you want it. Bugs once in a while (please email if you find any). This is still in its infancy, but in about a year if intel signs it, I can had it out freely (hopefully). I reserve all rights.

83 Replies
idata
Employee

is that windows 8?i don't want windows 8 i want windows 7 with aero how to do that ? , can you upload the drivers somewhere?find the on your computer at driver details .. 10x

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The BDD only comes with Windows 8 because it was modded as an extra into the OS. The WDDM 1.2 in Windows 8 only supports the WDDM 1.2 driver and nothing else. You can't install the native XPDDM onto Windows 8 because it was removed.

Also botelucian, please post the specifications of your laptop to the forum or email them to me so that I can make a laptop/ destktop specific driver. The moddded driver only works on a Dell B130 with 2.1GHZ and 2GB of ram. Please remember that these drivers don't have full support behind them other than our dev. team. Intel doesn't accept their existence and Microsoft doesn't want to sign them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thats what i have a dell b130/insprion 1300 same thing pentium 4 1.6 ghz overlocked with pinmod to 2.1 with 2 gb ram ,ps no offence but screw intel they are not helping in any way

so my full specs intel pentium m725 buss speed 133 mhz, rated buss speed 532 mhz core speed 2128 mhz (oc from 1600 mhz), 2 gb ram

video Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family -Driver version 6.14.10.4764 ,motherboard dell 0GD366 Southbridge Model 82801FBM (ICH6-M) Chipset Model i915GMS/i910GML

can i manualy force the drivers ? unpack it from the exe , an go via device manager update driver , ....let me pick a list of device drivers from my computer ? forcing the driver on ?

nope not working tried a few from the list 945 , 965, amd 82945 not working on my lapie witch one should i pic ? can you make a driver and delete the ones that dont work,or underline the right one

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

First, thank you for the great work on providing the GMA driver!

I also have an issue with the minimum specs. My company notebooks are the ultraportable Toshiba Portege/Dynabook R200, which have the ultra low voltage 1.2GHz Pentium M CPU and only 1.2GB RAM and there is no way to upgrade beyond that. We have upgraded the pathetic 1.8" HDD to an SSD. The machine is powerful enough to run anything besides modern games and I have been using it with Win7 for almost a year. Here is the detailed spec: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/portege_R205-S209.pdf http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/portege_R205-S209.pdf

Is there a way to bypass the hardware check of the installer? I am sure the machine is powerful enough, but most ultra low voltage CPUs are not clocked at 1.7GHz... And so much RAM is only required for cache which is not very important with the SSD we have...

Please post some instructions on how to bypass the hardware check and install the driver.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

First off, your minimum specs should be adiqute for the Windows 8 BBD driver. I am guessing that you are using the Driver that I provided and not Windows 8. If you are using my driver, then there is little hope that it would run because of your specs. Of course, if it did run, it would slow down your PC to the piont were any apps that you are running would be 10x slower. That is the difference in speed becuase the driver is STAI and not WDDM or BBD. STAI drivers don't have any 'fake video' ram. This means that the processes have to be worked through only the Intel 915 '128MB' GPU, instead of the aid from the CPU. WDDM are hardware based without any other help and can perform these processes natively. Windows BBD drivers are software based 'liar' drivers which fake the entire system's ram and capacity to 64MB and get instructions from the CPU. Everything about Aero and BBD is virtual. Then again Windows is.

If you really want to run aero- you WILL regret it. Have a drive partioned or a spare drive and install the driver. The only way to bypass it is to change the registry settings, but it might screw up some of your apps. This is only a project, so its hard to tell what might happen.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have the situation as Makarones with win8 cunsumer preview.So is there any way that i can install the driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kuyatsushiro6 -

I just finished loading up a full release copy of Windows 8 on my Asus Eee 1000HD, only to find the 915GM isn't supported by anyone (except you). The most recent link to your driver appears to be dead. I'd love to get my hands on a copy to test with the release version of Windows 8!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same here i have a Eee PC 1000HD and Windows 8 is working fine, except the Video Driver, is not working.

I am suprised Windows 8 is working so well on this 900 Mhz Netbook...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there, I am so grateful for the effort you have put into helping people with this driver issue. I hope you have the patience to help one more person.. I've tried all the links you have given in the past and they are all dead.

I would love to get the drivers to suit:

Windows 7 Home 32 bit

Intel 915 graphics

1.5gb ram

my email address is mailto:visitjoeworld@googlemail.com visitjoeworld@googlemail.com

Or if anyone else has a copy they can send, that would be great too. If I get some myself I can pass them on..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a Acer extensa 6700

Intel Pentium Processor 1.73 GHz

Ram 1GB

Graphics Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

Winows 7 32Bit

I need driver for Graphics aero.. (WDDM)

plz sent me

my mail : mailto:g-mixalis@hotmail.gr g-mixalis@hotmail.gr

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I have an Acer Aspire 3614WLMi with :

Intel Veleron M380 1.6 GHz

Ram 1GB

Graphics Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

Winows 7 32Bit

Could you send me the driver or link to it ?

Thank you in advance

Mail : mailto:loic.remy@orange.fr loic.remy@orange.fr

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kuyatsushiro6

Again another person that looking for a 915GM driver for Windows 8! I am using VAIO-VGNFS315B, Windows is running just fine except graphic card.. I am using Basic Display and Windows seems fine and working flawless, except video playback (I assume that the lack of drivers are responsible)..

Can I get a copy for the drivers to try too? Make something about us pls, we are so many people looking for that..

If anyone succeed to install 915GM drivers on Windows 8, pls send me an email (mailto:johnickz@gmail.com johnickz@gmail.com).

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey!

thnx alot thats just what i need!

if u could plz send it to,

mailto:danish_malhi@yahoo.com danish_malhi@yahoo.com

thnx again

specs:

Graphics card: gl 910/915

ram: 2gb

the sites you gave arent working so could you plz email to me cuz i really really need that driver :'(

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That such a friend as is? ................. Please send me the file to my mail .................

my mail is mailto:INFERNAL_666_85@HOTMAIL.COM INFERNAL_666_85@HOTMAIL.COM ..............

I owe the prompt response

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I hope you are still able to send me a copy of the drivers.

It is frustrating to know a perfectly good laptop is limited due to the lack of a proper driver.

Please email me your Win 8 drivers to

mailto:quona2004@yahoo.com quona2004@yahoo.com

Thanks your efforts are much appreciated.

Anton

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, I to have a portege r200 on windows 8 hampered only by video playback. If anyone could kindly point me to the windows 8 bbd driver or email it to me I would be extremely grateful. Thanks to all with the knowledge dedication and kindness for finding these solutions.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

plz give me driver for mobile intel 915 windows 7 for wddm

my mail mailto:g-mixalis@hotmail.gr g-mixalis@hotmail.gr

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'd really appreciate if I could get my hands on this too as I have a Lenovo ThinkPad z60t. If it wasn't for intel's garbage driver support. This laptop would still be top of the line. mailto:nick8649@gmail.com nick8649@gmail.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hola podrías enviarme los drivers para la tarjeta gráfica (Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family) yo uso Windows 7 Ultimate, te estaría muy agradecido.

mailto:juankar1966@gmail.com juankar1966@gmail.com Gracias de antemano.

PD: Lo siento no hablo ingles

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi, anyone of you (2012 postings) got a driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

First off just want to send out my appreciation for undertaking a project like this, it's not an easy task.

I am a student. I am broke and I can not afford a new laptop.

Basically, I have been avoiding Windows 7 because of the lack of support

for my 915 chipset. Unfortunately the university I attend forces me to

buy into a software program. For me to 'reclaim' my software I have been

forced to re-image my laptop with windows 7 including all the software I

have been forced to purchase. I have installed the windows xp video drivers

for my 915 chipset and they work but not good enough. Video playback and

using graphics editing programs like Photoshop have become unbearable, impossible.

So, if possible, I would really appreciate trying your drivers. Please please please send them my way...

All the best,

Terry Anastasiadis

mailto:terry_anastasiadis@hotmail.com terry_anastasiadis@hotmail.com
0 Kudos