Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21074 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 16 GB hardware acceleration issue in browsers.

vanci
Novice

Hello, I have the following config device name AsRock-PC-Bild
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13500 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID 13497330-1D3B-4727-AE05-73572946F2B2
Product ID 00329-10291-48818-AA062
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen or touch input is not available for this display
ation. Windows 11 Enterprise operating system - reinstalled several times, updated to the latest version, graphics driver too. In addition, I have also activated from the BIOS - the video card built into the processor. There are several problems, but the most important one is - when hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser - all video clips on You Tube and/or another streaming site freeze for a second while the sound is fine. It doesn't matter if I use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. If you turn off hardware acceleration in the browser, that's fine, but the CPU is heavily loaded because it's doing all the video processing. It cannot be the temperature of the card, given that when I watch the video it is 44 degrees Celsius and even the cooling and fans have not turned on. I also had an Ark A 380 when I plugged it into my 4K TV with an HDMI cable, until I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in it didn't want to show more than 30 hertz refresh when I did and it went to the normal 60 hertz for my TV. Now with the Ark A770, no matter what I do, I don't get more than 30 hertz picture refresh. In addition, the card persistently says that I connected it via display port and not via HDMI. Again, my drivers and operating system are the latest versions and are cleanly installed.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
vanci
Novice
I've been with the latest graphics driver since the day of its release and continue to have this problem.
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Thank you for keeping me informed of the results.

Since you also have the same issue with the latest graphics driver, please contact the app developer for further assistance.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Hello. Why should I contact the developer of the browser (which is Microsoft) since I have the same problem with Google Chrome? And why I don't have any problem if I use the integrated video card in the processor?

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Thank you for your question.

The reason why you should contact the browser developers is that we tested the graphics card on our end using both browsers and there are no stuttering or freezes at all.

With this test we can conclude is not a graphics driver issue, and the issue may be caused by your system configuration, that is the reason why we recommend contacting them for further troubleshooting steps.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

I have reached out to Microsoft for assistance. When I get any result I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Thank you for letting us know that you have contacted Microsoft.

For now, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Martin_KK
Beginner

Hello vanci,

After I have the same issue, but with Intel Iris Xe, I was wondering is there any updates? I use Google Chrome, but as far as I know Edge is based also on Chromium.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Yes, EDGE is based on Chromium. With the latest graphics driver .5333 I no longer have any problems. Test how it is for you too. Also if you still have problems use DDU in safe mode in Windows. I did this with the previous version of the graphics driver, then I updated in the normal way to .5333 and I have no problems. Good luck!!! And I apologize for seeing your post so late.

0 Kudos