Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20672 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 dual monitor issues

CS5624
Beginner

Hello there,

I recently purchased a brand new Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition Graphics Card.

Considering that i do PC builds around, for my family, my wife and my friends, i consider myself well aknowledged about this things.

I started notisic my right monitor would randomly go black, loss of both visual and sound, to then come back.

Tried:

Reinstalling windows, nothing.

DDU drivers, nothing.

Resetting BIOS settings, nothing.

Changing DP cables, nothing.

Changing GPU (with the old one i had), works!

So.. what's the issue here?

Why does my monitors would randomly go black?

When opening a game i usually plug out the dp cable and then reconnect in and the monitor comes back, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Considering that i have 2 4k monitors with DP 1.4 interface, should i plug in DP cables 1.4?

Actually having DP cables 2.1.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CS5624,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CS5624
Beginner

I also right now tried putting in HDMI cable, but now the HDMI cable works, and the DP monitor doesn't work, but before connecting HDMI one it was working.

What the frick is wrong with ARC? I'm losing my mind.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CS5624,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities. We would be more than happy to assist you.

Based on your issue and the information you shared, we want to ask for the following:

• When did the issue start? Was it present since day one?
  • Are the monitors working if you connect them individually?
  • If possible, test using different display devices.
  • To have more information about the system, please create system reports using the following:

Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 

• Download the Intel SSU
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
  • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
  • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. (Intel®️ IPDT) 

•  Download the Intel®️ PDT (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool)
  • Once installed, the Intel® PDT starts testing the processor using the default configuration. Two windows might appear to show the test is in progress.
  • When the Intel® PDT completes, the testing status will display either a PASS or FAIL.
  • Alternatively, you can open or save the test results file every time after the test run by clicking on file > view results file, file, then, save as to any location you specify.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CS5624,

We are checking in your thread to see if you were able to check the previous post. Let us know if you require further support

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CS5624,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos