Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20955 Discussions

Intel Arc A770m powers off monitor by itself / HDCP?

Zernichthor
Beginner

I got a Intel NUC 12 Enthusiast with a Intel A770m grafic chip. I am using 2 monitors, one is connected to the Display Port, the other to HDMI. 

Its very frustrating, everytime I start a rallytv stream the second monitor on HDMI turns off. The whole windows setup changes to a 1 monitor setup. The only way to get it working again is by unpluging the HDMI cable and repluging it. Nothing else works. I use new HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 cables.

My guess is it has something to do with HDCP maybe? I had the same 2 monitors with my Nvidia 1050ti graficscard on my previous PC and never had this problem. 

Is there any solution to this? is that a common problem with the A770m? Because this is a NUC device I dont believe I am the only one with this problem.

Drivers Installed:  31.0.101.4826 (latest at time of writing)

NUC Bios: 0058 (latest at time of writing)

Monitor 1: DP 1440p 120hz (variable refreshrate disabled), DP 1.4 cable on DP 2.0 port

Monitor 2: HDMI 1440p 75hz (no variable refreshrate supported), HDMI 2.1 cable on HDMI 2.1 port

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Zernichthor,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I understand is frustrating when a monitor stop displaying image, I will be more than glad to help you.  

To clarify this situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Zernichthor, 

Were you able to run the Intel® SSU?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Zernichthor
Beginner
Thanks, the only solution I found was connecting both screens with DisplayPort. So the problem seems only when mixing one screen on hdmi and one on DisplayPort. It was never a Problem with Nvidia tho. I dont like using DisplayPort on Multiscreen setups because its so bad, but for now i accept this fate, so the problem can be marked as solved. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Zernichthor, 

Thank you for your response.

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed by connecting both monitors with DisplayPort, in case you want to continue testing the issue with the HDMI port please create a new thread we will be more than glad to help you.

For now, as per your request, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos